Question, what do you do with your gold and silver?

bryguy5

May 26, 2010
Portland, OREGON
Detector(s) used
fisher CZ-5
I was wondering what is the best way to get $ out of your gold and silver finds, do you melt them down or sell them as they are rings, necklaces and such? do you sell to jewelers pawn shops, etc? have a couple of gold finds i'd like to get some $ for and not sure about the best rout . thanks for any input.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bryguy5 said:
I was wondering what is the best way to get $ out of your gold and silver finds, do you melt them down or sell them as they are rings, necklaces and such? do you sell to jewelers pawn shops, etc? have a couple of gold finds i'd like to get some $ for and not sure about the best rout . thanks for any input.

Do not go to a pawn shop, you will get ripped off on the value.

Check this thread out.... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,376725.0.html

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Treasure_Hunter said:
bryguy5 said:

Do not go to a pawn shop, you will get ripped off on the value.

Check this thread out.... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,376725.0.html

Agree.......... no pawn shops. I tried a 14K mens ring and the guy told me 40 dollars.............and I walked out with a laugh

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Check out A.R.A. I understand that they give the best prices.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread