a narrow escape re rescued my loot

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i awoke this morning to the peace and tranquility of florida.

few minutes after breakfast and i decided it was time for a millionth look at my gold/ jewelry

finds from the last week or so.

imagine my shock to find my goodie bag missing !

OH NO !

i knew right where i had left it during some late night tv and snacks

big accusations against the wife.

WELL SHE WAS GUILTY AS CHARGED.she had tossed it.

about 500 bux worth of bling got tossed in the garbage.

the hotel manager was very helpful and in a few minutes i was in their dumpster.

it was only about 30 min seperation between my knowledge of the loss

and re finding it.

but im sure i had the record amt of cussin for a 30 min period.

shure is good to have my babies back :hello2:

Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story! I know your pain well ... On a visit to Vegas, a Pal and I gave up our seats 6 times in a row over a 22 hour period ... End result was 6 free tix anywhere we wanted to go ... I get home, leave em in over night bag ... Couple of weeks later, I tell the wife, pack the bags, we're headed out on a trip, get my tickets out the bag and bring em to me ... Needless to say, she says what tickets. I say the tickets in the bag that I left ... She said I thought that was trash!!! Mine were not salvageable by this time, so needless to say, there was no trip, but quite alot of interesting conversation. :laughing7:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
put your stuff away yourself and this wont happen! :tongue3: :laughing7:
at least thats what my wife would say. :icon_thumright:

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
if your going to be a pirate and not tell anybody else,you should of put it else where?? sounds like a sitcom tv show..

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
The wife tossed some of my bags of silver coins with the regular clad into the coinstar machine. She came home proud to show me the money received and explained how the junk coin bags were removed during the cleaning of my desk. :icon_scratch:

I'll bet the coinstar people were real happy to find all the mercs, standing libs, and common worn silver coins that day :o :dontknow:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
if your going to be a pirate and not tell anybody else,you should of put it else where??

I Agree
Real Pirates trust No One....specially Women

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad you was able to find your goodie bag.....Matt

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: A Great Pirate once said very recently, "Take Everything and Give Nothing Back!" :laughing9: once my ex cleaned my shop and threw out a small Maxwellhouse coffee jar full of gold shavings and very small nuggets. The jar was used in my shop for a doorstop. It probably weighed in around four to five pounds. Notice I said my EX? She hired some trash hauler to clean up my shed. The terms of endearment grew from then on. I had been collecting the gold in that jar for several years and figured on keeping it until I retired. I thought I would be very well off if gold ever went up. It was around $300 an ounce at that time. About a thousand bucks an ounce less than now. Never put your stuff where the wife will want to clean or hire someone to clean. I might be treasure hunting on a nice new boat instead of working every day getting this one ready. :dontknow:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
white feather.............FOUR or FIVE POUNDS :o !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IS SHE STILL ALIVE?

harleyroadangel

Jan 16, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garett ATX 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geez Guys.....
As a FORMER wifeypoo myself that was always cleaning up after my absent minded hubby.......all I can say is

That will teach her to pick up after you............ ::) At any rate...soooo glad you got yer loot back! :hello2:

Joy in Fl

KEYSHUNTER

Sep 29, 2007
florida keys
Detector(s) used
;whites dual PI
he he being a pirate ,i was laughing about this ,jerry with the soft talker and the shirt :laughing9: still if your in a hotel room never leave anything for granite.....he he all is good HH

KLGourley

Apr 14, 2010
Lehigh Acres, FL
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Indasurf said:
The wife tossed some of my bags of silver coins with the regular clad into the coinstar machine. She came home proud to show me the money received and explained how the junk coin bags were removed during the cleaning of my desk. :icon_scratch:

I'll bet the coinstar people were real happy to find all the mercs, standing libs, and common worn silver coins that day :o :dontknow:

Ugh! :o I got sick reading your post. That is so horrible and I am truly sorry for your loss. :'(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions