wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It started yesterday afternoon, the winds started kicking up and the ocean turned extremely rough for the fishing boats just off the coast. The weather folks say to expect more of the same for today Wednesday 10 November. Winds forecast to be 20-25 knots out of the ENE with seas 10 to 12 feet. Cuts in the sand have started to develop up and down the Treasure and Space coast on what?s left of the beaches. OK folks, we got our second wind back after the post hurricane hunts, and now the first nor?easter of the season. Put the bilge cleaner up and grab the detector, looks like another treasure ship on the horizon.

Good hunting

Upvote 0

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just be careful in St. Lucie County about where you park and go on the beach. I received a written warning (cop was decent) for parking in a "closed" area (apparently all beaches except about 4 are "closed") and told the beaches themselves were off limits. This was the same beach a news crew parked at and gave a live broadcast a few days later. St. Lucie provides NO information for the public about what they consider closed. I guess St. Lucie is using the hurricane as revenue generators (tickets).

billinstuart

Oct 17, 2004
stuart..the treasure coast..well, used to be
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur with a WOT!
Primary Interest:
Just spent yesterday (Saturday) on various beaches..uneventful.
Ampersand Beach...I'm afraid the pro's are wrong, there isn't a 1715 wreck out there, but a fleet of garbage trucks that sank recently. Never in 50 years have I seen so much JUNK on a beach; cans, plastic toys, shoes, wood, food containers.
Spring of Whitby..nice beach, clean. Helped a fellow detector dig up an object 3' deep from the wreck..a rubber tire.
Chucks...couldn't get there..cops.
BTW..more beaches now open in St. Lucie County (Douglas still closed). On second thought, they're all closed to everyone 'cept me.

JohninCT

Apr 23, 2003
Wallingford, Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Pulsepower Aquastar ll, Minelab CTX 3030, Sovereign GT, Nautilus DMC2Ba. Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
Is any of this trash marked with any readable addresses as to where it came from? I wonder if it came from some dumping barge which was dumped way out. But if it had been, then I guess most beaches would be filled with it. Seems weird.

r218pete

Sep 29, 2004
Glenmont, NY
Detector(s) used
White 6000 Di Pro SL
:) As a Snowbird, will be going to Holly Hill in Jan. Daytona Beach has made a living off the entry fee's for years. Not sure what's left of the beach.......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread