Finally made it to the lake I wanted to hunt....

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally healed up enough to have the energy to try a water hunt again... There is a lake near where I live that I have been DYING to hit, but just havent had the stamina for the whole boat thing...
We hit the lake around 1:30, so it was probably 2'ish when I got in the water... 71 deg surface temp, which surprised me. Hadnt hunted more than 10 min when I found my first target, Heart shaped pendant.... Okay, not too bad.. Then I started hitting coins. Quarter after quarter... It was amazing.. Oldest was 1967, so no silver, but ended up with 24 quarters in the short time I hunted.
About 30 min in, got a great sounding signal and after 4 deep scoops, pulled up a NICE 14k mens band with diamonds in a circle. Sweeeet!
Kept hunting, and ended up with one other ring, silver, and 5 silver earrings.. I only hunted 2 hrs, and didnt hardly touch the area. It is huge!

Nicest thing was, NO TRASH!! I only found 3 pop tops, no bottle caps, and the "Junk" consisted of a nice SS connector (locking kind), a carabiner, and a small pulley (like on a block and tackle)..

Hurting quite a bit now, but cant wipe the smile off my face.. The ring, as you can see, weighs a sweet 10.17 gms... The larger pics of the ring were taken before cleaning.. It really shined up nice..

Happy hunting all...

Attachments

• 2-1-2011 finds.jpg
    2-1-2011 finds.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 737
  • 2-1-11 ring c.jpg
    2-1-11 ring c.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 754
  • 2_01_11 ring a.jpg
    2_01_11 ring a.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 739
  • 2_1_11 ring b.jpg
    2_1_11 ring b.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 740
Upvote 0

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Great hunt SS

Hope that everything goes well with your upcoming surgery. Take it slow and easy on the recovery, you con't want to rush things and end up doing some damage.

Beautiful ring, it'll clean up nicely! :icon_thumright:

Ralph

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice ring you found there. Plus you did alright on the clad count.....Matt

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going SS, hope everything works out for you. Niffler

MD epidemic

Nov 15, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal, wader,Vaquero,Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking ring and hunt. WTG
Epi

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went again yesterday and did okay... One dainty 10k womens ring, a silver ring with cz and some pink stones, a 31 gm silver bracelet (chain), and a couple small silver earrings... Also a slew of quarters, nickles, and dimes again.. Only 5 pennies. Another $5.85 for a two trip total of about $12 in clad. Older coins were from 1967-1971.. One wheatie, but so old and deep I cannot see the date. The sulfur in our water really eats coins up...
Will post pic's later...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread