Finally made it to the lake I wanted to hunt....

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally healed up enough to have the energy to try a water hunt again... There is a lake near where I live that I have been DYING to hit, but just havent had the stamina for the whole boat thing...
We hit the lake around 1:30, so it was probably 2'ish when I got in the water... 71 deg surface temp, which surprised me. Hadnt hunted more than 10 min when I found my first target, Heart shaped pendant.... Okay, not too bad.. Then I started hitting coins. Quarter after quarter... It was amazing.. Oldest was 1967, so no silver, but ended up with 24 quarters in the short time I hunted.
About 30 min in, got a great sounding signal and after 4 deep scoops, pulled up a NICE 14k mens band with diamonds in a circle. Sweeeet!
Kept hunting, and ended up with one other ring, silver, and 5 silver earrings.. I only hunted 2 hrs, and didnt hardly touch the area. It is huge!

Nicest thing was, NO TRASH!! I only found 3 pop tops, no bottle caps, and the "Junk" consisted of a nice SS connector (locking kind), a carabiner, and a small pulley (like on a block and tackle)..

Hurting quite a bit now, but cant wipe the smile off my face.. The ring, as you can see, weighs a sweet 10.17 gms... The larger pics of the ring were taken before cleaning.. It really shined up nice..

Happy hunting all...

Attachments

• 2-1-2011 finds.jpg
    2-1-2011 finds.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 737
  • 2-1-11 ring c.jpg
    2-1-11 ring c.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 754
  • 2_01_11 ring a.jpg
    2_01_11 ring a.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 739
  • 2_1_11 ring b.jpg
    2_1_11 ring b.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 740
Upvote 0

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Very Nice Ring...... I'm looking for one to find that I can wear myself instead of my wife taking all the good ones :icon_pirat: That would be a good one to find. Way to go. Keep it up. Ralph

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did you check those earrings close? I have almost thrown away silver before. It turns black like that quickly in saltwater.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver Surfer, that is a beautiful gold ring find! :hello2:

You did well! :headbang:

Keep 'em comin'! :icon_thumright:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds.

You take it easy, though.

Don't undo what the doctors did. :wink:

Were you using the Excal or the Dual Field?

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice work... I found one last year just about like that... Hopefully this will be my weekend for gold. Headin to the wifes parents in Punta Gorda.

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
Nice finds.

You take it easy, though.

Don't undo what the doctors did. :wink:

Were you using the Excal or the Dual Field?
Sold the PI to a forum member in December... Excal... Virgin water. I have a feeling there is a lot more there, hopefully not too deep. I was pulling quarters a good foot and a half yesterday though.. Probably see's deeper since it is freshwater vs salt..
And yeah, I am taking it pretty easy. I wanted to keep hunting yesterday but the little voice told me I had better quit.. LOL.. Goin again tomorrow or friday. After my surgery on the 25th, I wont be able to hunt for 8 weeks they said (at least)..

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hope the back is OK, after all that digging! How did the EMI/EMF thing work with your back implant? Oh, nice ring!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: awesome ring and...."Virgin water. I have a feeling there is a lot more there.." :headbang:
dont overdo it, make sure you are in good shape for the surgery!!!!!!!!!

tnt-k9

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2010
Dutch Caribbean
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definately a sweet find :icon_salut: You definately want to save some energy for your surgery, but then again if your gonna be down for 8 weeks, you may as well go in there broken, since they are gonna fix you. Naw you probably should consider a little moderation. Those goods will be there for you in the spring.

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sweet digs, hope the rest of the area proves good to ya!

Silver Surfer said:
I wanted to keep hunting yesterday but the little voice told me I had better quit.. LOL.. After my surgery on the 25th, I wont be able to hunt for 8 weeks they said (at least)..

Pay attention to the little voice it is your friend!

The worst part of the surgery your getting is they get ya both in the front and the back at the same time, so it hits ya at the same time when you move.

Hope your stim implant goes well for you. :coffee2:

~~Happy Hunting~~

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
Hope the back is OK, after all that digging! How did the EMI/EMF thing work with your back implant? Oh, nice ring!
only had temp unit, taken out last week. Permanent one going in on 25th.

OP
OP
Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making sure I don't over do it.... but want to get some hunting in before the long layup. Real close to my house which is a big plus. Gonna try again today.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a SWEET gold ring SS. Congratulations :thumbsup:
Hope all goes well with the surgery on the 25th. GL
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions