2-16-11.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,031
Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Finally after 3 trips down, first with a PI, digging iron, and no gold, second had new /old excal, but a wire was loose on the new big coil, so only used it on the sand, no gold, this time original 8" coil, and finally gold. 14k ring with marque cut diamond. at least 50 pts. Hard to say with cut. Broke the ice though!

Attachments

• 14K diamond ring from Ft Myers Beach 012.jpg
    14K diamond ring from Ft Myers Beach 012.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 991

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yikes!!! What a haul!

Congrats to all !

Attachments

• smelting.gif
    smelting.gif
    61.9 KB · Views: 878

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find's all around there!!! Red was actually speechless when she saw Steve's Diamond ring find!!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
There are just no words to describe how beautiful that ring is and the others are pretty darn good too! WHAT A HUNT! I just worry about you guys getting in the water to hunt at night! Be careful! :wink:

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again you've made my jaw drop. You gotta slow down, I can't keep up getting my jaw fixed. ;D

Congratulations on yet "Another" great hunt. :notworthy: :thumbsup:

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sick! Absolutely Sick!! Hey Snook can you start numbering ### your killer days at the beach cause it's gonna get confusing real soon!! ;D Steve wow! Strong work! :notworthy:Ice Ice Baby' feels good huh! It's almost 0100 called in sick, low tide(-35) @0400 :icon_pirat:

Texcam

Nov 27, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, White's Classic 5 ID, Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Congrats on an excellent hunt, nice finds.

Hard work never goes unpunished.

Thanks for sharing.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are just amazing..talk about being tuned in with your detector... I said it befor and will say it again... GIVE INSTRUCTIONS... holey moley add my name to the list.. am just flat out dumbfounded... and Steves diamond ring is fricking awesome and so very beautiful.. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OD_hunt

Aug 16, 2009
South Africa
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000
Like my dad always says, "Hard work pays off" (Well these days clever work is required as well!!) WELL DONE! :icon_thumright:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Dave is absolutely right, I'd never be able to hang with you guys all nite in the water! That would scare me to death. But it is paying off. Awesome hunt!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are definately some really nice rings you guys.
Congratulations to all of you and do be careful at
night. HH Gold Nuggets :hello:

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
Oh, I do have to say, snooksion is an animal when it comes to this stuff. Low Low Tide was 0536, which is AM for you non mil folks, and we went in just after midnight, and worked with no breaks, in the water all night, digging, and came out about 0520, and went to McDonalds, weighed all the gold, checked it all out with loupes, had some coffee and muffins, and snooksion took off and went straight to work all day. Hardcore!

Obviously, the haul is impressive and Snook has a talent that many of us lack. That said, I guarantee that if either of you take up surf fishing in a serious way, it will forever cure you of any desire to go into the waters of Florida after dark. You guys have bigger ones than you know!!!! And truthfully, the trinkets we dig up aren't worth that type of risk.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day out there boys, congrats on some nice finds!

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And keep this in mind folks.... Also being (or was until I got sick) an avid diver/spearo, I know a lot about sharks.. Had more than one run in with grumpy, big, bull sharks.
But they make a gadget called "Shark Shield" that many divers use with great success keeping sharks away.. It puts an electric field around you that they dont like.. I said quite a few months back that I personally believe that the very strong electrical field put out by our detectors at the very least would confuse a shark, and at best, act like a SS and keep them away due to that large "loud" electrical field... I cannot recall ONE case, nor can I google one, where a water hunter has been hit by a shark. As many people that there are in Florida that hunt in the exact areas where sharks have hit people (like wading fisherman, surfers, etc.), and it has not happened, that my theory is the probably reason..
Anyway, that is my theory on that...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a post by stevemc get deleted ?

Top Member Reactions