The name of the dual field

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
the brand is White's. White's Dual Field PI.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is correct.

There is only one Dual Field.

It is made by White's.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, the White's Dual Field Surfmaster PI with 12" coil is the one you want.

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am not mistaken, there was the Surfmaster PI, then the Surfmaster Pro PI, then the Surf Dual PI... The only difference between the Surfmaster Pro and the Surf Dual PI, is the addition of the smaller coil inside the larger coil, which aids in pinpointing and add's a narrow cone to the wide cone of electric field...

I just dont understand why they cant make it disc out iron... If it is all about physical properties and conductivity, theoretically they should be able to add a way to disc out the iron, as it's physical properties are different than all other metals, no??

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The dual field is different, in the amount of control knobs. The 2 previous PIs had only 2 knobs, pulse delay and threshold sound, and the DF has 3, gain, pulse delay and threshold. I have never used the DF, but it has a larger coil, which should help, and I dont know about the tuning, if that helps any more. I have heard good things about them, but I havent actually used one. I do know the Infinium LS PI has a different tone for bottle caps, but then again, I havent used one of them either.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread