need your opinions again.

flipper123

Greenie
Jan 11, 2011
caribbean
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Hello again, my last question was about the sand shark -not! the one from tesoro.
Thank you for all your posts and I didn't bought the Chinese machine.

I was now interested in the Garret Infinium, but just right now the sand shark from tesoro will be back soon. I read here a lot of good comments you posted about this machine.
Tesoro SS against Garrett LS..... witch one would you prefer?
I am here down in Mexico and as dive Instructor not just thinking to use it for ring hunting in waist deep water.... here are some nice older wrecksides, to dive,too :)... and some in shallow water- this unknown beaches in front may be also very interesting to look for. This is why I will go for PI. Less trash on this beaches and need some depth. Thanks

Upvote 0

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Personally, if I were choosing between the two, I'd choose the Tesoro.

The Infinium does not come with the mono coil standard, which you want for the surf. The stock coil does horribly in the surf (lots of falsing). Also, the earphones that come with the Infinium are not waterproof. You have to buy those separately.

That's a lot of extra cost to turn the Infinium into a beach detector.

Of course, the Sand Shark won't be available until April I believe, so you're in for a bit of wait.

OP
OP
F

flipper123

Greenie
Jan 11, 2011
caribbean
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
This is exactly what I am thinking about with the coil.To wait up to april is ok, because have to save a bit more and need soemone coming down to here. Have a garrett dealer here, but the cost is 1.400,- include the waterprood headset. Shipping from US is the worsest option, you never kow what mexican custom will charge you. maybe 10, maybe 75 %. A friend is coming on 19.april.... sounds perfect.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
The Infinium does not come with the mono coil standard,
That's if you buy from the dealer,

Call Garrett direct, get a much better price then the dealer...and get the coil you want at no extra charge (Best coil 10x14 Mono). The Infinium is by far deeper, and a real SOB to master...but on the right beach, hard to beat....

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The InfiniumLS is the deepest detector on the market today, with the 10 x 14 mono coil you will love and oldebeechnut you would not of bought one if it wasn't for that old man in Fl. that got you hooked on one , go's deep doesn't it?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Normally I would suggest the Sand Shark, but the Infinium with the mono coil is deeper as Ron Lord and Oldebeechnut have said. I used to dive and know why you need the extra depth for the sand.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
I can't say much about the Infinium as I've no experience with them but I sure can about the Tesoro. I owned a Tesoro Sting Ray ll for 15 years and it was trouble free for all those years up till last spring when I had coil crack on me. Had I not been carring it around in the trunk of my car so much that probably wouldn't have happened either.

I have sent it back to Tesoro and after all these years they are going to replace the coil no questions asked and no cost either. Where else can you get a warranty like that. :coffee2: Rick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread