Polar Bear Plunge Bleak Results 5100 people on the beach!

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The 2011 Polar bear plunge was Feb 26th at Seaside heights NJ. Local hunters were right in behind the freezing bathers. From the reports I got lots of sunglasses were found. Very few pieces Jewelry. Sundays low tide hunters came out empty handed as well. I took a shot at low on Monday and there were two other guys swinging. I had one moment of excitement with a gold ring find that turned out to be gold plated. That and a few clad and lots of bottle tops. Enjoy the video.

Attachments

• IMG_0276.JPG
    IMG_0276.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 495
Upvote 0

Texcam

Nov 27, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, White's Classic 5 ID, Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
Thanks for the post.

The ring is still nice even if it is plated.

Thanks

Lonedog

Tenderfoot
Mar 9, 2008
I would suggest the only shrinkage of skin was in the bathing suits. Therefore not much jewelry.lol

bootyhoundpa

Oct 1, 2010
Detector(s) used
excal-1000,sov-gt,5900di-pro,gta-1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice ring anyway.... :icon_thumleft:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ah heck, sorry on it not being real..but still a nice find...better then getting skunked..bet it had your heart a racing too.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a lot of people. Just keep on searching and I sure something will turn up....Matt

OP
OP
Buried Crap NJ

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bootybay said:
ah heck, sorry on it not being real..but still a nice find...better then getting skunked..bet it had your heart a racing too.
Rae, It was the first target high up on the slope. Looked good in the sand. I though this is going to be a good day! I picked it up and you just know right away by the feel. I met up with Mike Farley and showed him it fooled him for about 8 seconds. We hunted for hrs wet, water, dry and dug a few coins. the guys hunting the two days before we did said the same think.
When was the last time you found a ring with tape on it, Ya me too, the availability to custom fit rings is so easy these days, less are falling off. And people see us everyday hunting they are getting smarter to not where rings. All this leads to less finds. Bad winter.
steve

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like biscuits first in NJ and then lunch in the caymans

the lear will fly

nice spin Steve

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yous guys are nuts :tongue3:
Lonedog said:
I would suggest the only shrinkage of skin was in the bathing suits. Therefore not much jewelry.lol
Went in a man came out a boy.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Buried Crap NJ said:
Bootybay said:
Rae, It was the first target high up on the slope. Looked good in the sand. I though this is going to be a good day! I picked it up and you just know right away by the feel. I met up with Mike Farley and showed him it fooled him for about 8 seconds. We hunted for hrs wet, water, dry and dug a few coins. the guys hunting the two days before we did said the same think.
When was the last time you found a ring with tape on it, Ya me too, the availability to custom fit rings is so easy these days, less are falling off. And people see us everyday hunting they are getting smarter to not where rings. All this leads to less finds. Bad winter.
steve
Talking about tape, last summer I found a 14K band out neck deep with about 1/4 inch of CELOPHANE tape wrapped around it to make it fit I bet the idiot is still wondering why they lost it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread