txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living close to South Padre I can tell you that after this weekend I will not venture back to the island until spring break is over. Those who do KUDOS to ya. The grid lock traffic on and off the island and the mass amount of kids everywhere drunk, just isn't worth it for me. I have found class rings, and a few silver, and lots and lots of the junk rings, but having been there and done that once was enough to last me a life time. Nope you brave souls that hunt spring break hot spots during spring break, deserve either respect for you determination, or a free trip to the looney bin, I just haven't decided which it is yet. I rather brave the crowds for Easter, memorial, 4th of July, and other holidays. It might be a nightmare even on those weekends but at lest I know the gold is there.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's my take on spring break.....it takes more money to get to the beaches these days so I'm guessing many of those who can still afford to make the trip probably have something worth finding if it gets lost. I have a son who is in his "5th" year of college and you'd be surprised at how much expensive jewelry his college classmates (especially the ladies) have. Heck, I gave each of his last two girlfriends small gold diamond rings that I had found. (Boy, was that dumb, like they were going to stick around and become part of the family forever. :laughing7:)

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
steve from ohio said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
After further consideration forget what I posted, I was wrong, DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING..... :icon_scratch:

NO ONE WILL LOSE ANYTHING, THEY DO NOT BELIEVE IN GOLD, EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM THE BEACHES IN FLORIDA...... :laughing7:

10's of thousands of man eating sharks have been spotted in shallow water off the coast of all of Florida's beaches, with reports of some even coming ashore and dragging people in the water..... STAY AWAY! ;D
I have put a claim in with the state of Florida for all the beaches in Florida. I now own all the lost rings and anything else in the sand. So don't get caught using a metal detector on the beach, because I own the rights. They will have aircraft and boats watching to make sure that no one violates my claim! But I will sell a license to you for $3K to be able to detect on any beach in Florida. ;D Those sharks coming ashore are being paid by me to enforce my claim. The sharks pay is a nice lunch.....being anyone on the beach.

Hey, if the Mel Fisher guys can get a claim in the water, I can do it on land!

PS...I really don't own a claim so don't send me any money.....unless you really want to.
shark cage for shallow water remember :icon_scratch: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Euqinu

Mar 1, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
Detector(s) used
Sov. GT, Compadre
10's of thousands of man eating sharks have been spotted in shallow water off the coast of all of Florida's beaches, with reports of some even coming ashore and dragging people in the water..... STAY AWAY! ;D
[/quote]

PRICELESS!

LM

Dec 11, 2007
South
Detector(s) used
Charts and Maps.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Not spring break, but the same general concept: the best day I ever had on gold jewelry was on the beach, day after Black College Reunion ended in 2002. 3 necklaces, 1 ring, 1 earring, 3 hours, dug more garbage than one could imagine.

Skunked the next year and the year after that. Haven't been back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread