sold my diamond

goldfever

Nov 6, 2009
found this awhile back. its a 1 carrot SI 1-2 diamond solitare set in 18k gold with platinum prongs.

I sold the diamond the other day for $1100. That was after showing it to several jelwers and getting advice. The one local jewler that I trust told me to take the offer I got from a different jelwer. This diamond has a good sized inclusion. So I sold just the diamond and kept the ring.

I think I did pretty good especially considering I also found a platinum ring that day that is worth $650 scrap.

Attachments

• DSC00174.JPG
    DSC00174.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 791
Upvote 0

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
I'll say you did good! Considering you found it :thumbsup:

Will be send some Gold & Silver off too ARA, this week. Will be my first time using them.
Thanks for the run down.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say that was a good deal. Not bad for a finder fee.....Matt

petersra

Apr 26, 2006
a few miles from the ocean
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
Nice ice!! I see you showed SI 1-2 on the diamond. Not exactly sure what that means. Did you have the diamond GIA certified or is the rating based on your jewler's best guess? Did anyone suggest to you that the diamond would be worth more with a GIA certified? I have a similar ring I found some time ago, and wondered if I should go to the expense of getting it GIA certified. Any Thoughts?? Ralph

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey, CONGRATS on that diamond sale! :hello2:

ARA has a new deal where they will bid on your diamonds when you send in rings fir melt that have diamonds ..if you don't like their bid they send you back the diamonds. Interesting and simple concept. They did good by me.

HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions