Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Whydah1717

Feb 2010
    In a scary area
    Minelab CTX 30 30 - Minelab X Calibur 1000 Whites TDI Beech Hunter Fisher CZ 21 Nokta Anfibio
    1747 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

Picked up Dad this morning with no exact place to hunt.. Weather was warming up and the tide was falling.... On the way to no where..... I stumbled upon a small beach that looked as if it was probably worked hard. Got out of the truck and found a dime on top... great way to start off with out the detector...LOLOLWe ended up spending over 4 hours of solid digs. Thereare just too many to point out but this beach has been passed by many times. Sometimes the best plans are to have no plans at all... I ended up with 7 Silver dimes mostly Merc's.. 3 Musket Balls and a pistol shot. 1 Tomback Button either pewter, or Silver not sure, but the shank is still attached and she is in fantastic shape.2 Silver handles from either spoons or forks,Part of a pocket watch, over 40 Wheaties from 1909 to 1958... 12 quarters, 20 dimes, 18 nickels, A sterling Ring, ( NO STONE ) A silver Quarter 1934 P , A lead soldier, A Zippo Lighter that has an anchor on it, too cool.. & Dad and I got a chance to spend yet another day together, I can only guess as to what he found....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	virgin Beach (12).JPG 
Views:	586 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	50172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	virgin Beach (13).JPG 
Views:	609 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	50174   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	virgin Beach (12).JPG 
Views:	551 
Size:	389.1 KB 
ID:	508747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	virgin Beach (13).JPG 
Views:	575 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	508750   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	virgin Beach (15).JPG 
Views:	599 
Size:	210.0 KB 
ID:	508751  

Attached Images Attached Images    
    WHYDAH

us
    Jul 2009
    Orlando
    PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
    51 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

Way cool ya'll killed it. My Dad was in to Md when I was a youngster, but they got divorced when i was 8 and now at 42 we finally got together after way to many years and he has Dementia but he told me of gold coins he found in Sanford way back when... I just hope my finds make him Proud, even though I barley knew him...
    http://www.infraredservices.net/
    The Pirate comes out at night...

pl
    Mar 2008
    Deep Silver Seeker 3000
    11 times
    Banner Finds (2)

Re: Virgin Beach = Musket Balls,Silver Ring & Silver Coins, Silver Silverware, Ancho

Now that's some great virgin ground. Can't wait to see what you pull out of there next. ANd to spend time with Pops.... Even better.
    2012Counts:
    Barber 1/2= ;WLH 1/2= ;FRH= ; SeQ=; SLQ=1 SWQ=5; Barber Q= ; Seated D.= ; Barber Dime=4 ; Merc's=9; Roosies=6; War Nickels=1; Foreign Silver=1
    Silver=27 Gold=4

us
    Apr 2006
    a few miles from the ocean
    Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
    14 times

That is a bunch of old crusty finds. You found a forgotten beach. WTG. I am sure there is more, you need to go back.

us
    Whydah1717

Feb 2010
    In a scary area
    Minelab CTX 30 30 - Minelab X Calibur 1000 Whites TDI Beech Hunter Fisher CZ 21 Nokta Anfibio
    1747 times
    Banner Finds (3)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Quote Originally Posted by S.S.Tupperware
    Way cool ya'll killed it. My Dad was in to Md when I was a youngster, but they got divorced when i was 8 and now at 42 we finally got together after way to many years and he has Dementia but he told me of gold coins he found in Sanford way back when... I just hope my finds make him Proud, even though I barley knew him...
    S.S.Tupperware,
    I am sure he knows that your doing just fine, Demetia is a tough thing to watch......Make him proud and find a couple of those GOLD coins... that he left for you to dicover... RESEARCH it well and you will be rewarded... Happy Hunting..
    WHYDAH

us
    Dec 2007
    Western, N.C.
    Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
    847 times
    Banner Finds (1)

That is awesome! I would go back and hunt in all metal. You could'nt go wrong! Congrats!

us
    Dec 2010
    Minelab GT; Sov Elite
    3761 times

WOW!!! What a haul!
    Quod facis bene fac

us
    May 2006
    Rociada, New Mexico
    White's MXT, AM Recon Sluice, Technetics Eurotek Pro
    66 times
    Cache Hunting

That's a great haul. I think I'd definately hit it again. The lighter looks similiar to one I had when I was in the Navy in the late 60's.
    Ken

us
    Jun 2009
    Bradenton, Fl
    Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
    1305 times
    Honorable Mentions (4)

All great old finds, your arm must be sore from digging. WTG

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links