Needing some inland water advice on a machine

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok I am in the market for a detector that I can scuba, snorkel, beach(lake) hunt. 98% of the time this will be doing this in fresh water applications. I would like a good detector that can handle this in the $600 to $700 range. If there is a detector that can do this and have the ability to salt water also would be nice but is not a deciding factor. Thanks GH.

Upvote 0

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gonehunting said:
seeker41 said:
the tigershark is a one tone machine, in case this matters to you? it will see/find gold chains and very small gold that a cz20/21 or excal will not. i like having more than one tone and the tigershark was not for me.
I wasn't aware it was one tone... :( I'm so used to 4 and multi tone that I'm second guessing my decision...

yes i was the same way! i did buy one and found out then. traded it off for a g2 and i will stick with my excal and cz20.

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks guys for all the advice. I made up my mind sold some junk sitting around the house and made up the difference and decided on the Excalibur II. I really like the multitone, the outstanding depth, and different shaft and mounting variations for it. The only thing I don't like is the warranty(wish Minelab would step it up), but out of the 15+ people I talked to, only one had a return issue and they replaced hers with a new one. I talked to Sovereign users and I'm looking forward to trying it on land for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread