Anyone In Orlando Area Up For A Beach Hunt Tomorrow 4/2/2011

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish I could...I'm taking the kids to Disney this summer and I'm hoping to sneak a day for myself to get out and do a little detecting. Any suggestions?

Thanks
NJ

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you only have a day then you can hit Cocoa (45 miles) , Daytona (60 miles), St Pete or Clearwater about (120 miles) away.

Give me an IM when your close to being here, maybe we can arrange a hunt together, I live in Orlando, NW side......

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:dontknow:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep the Door Open, I'll be down to see you in a few years on my road trip.............One question, I noticed you stopped using the Waterproof connectors, reason?..I know you do alot of waist to neck deep hunting.......................reason I ask..I have several people asking me about them since I'm changing out my wires and posting about them, did you have a problem with them leaking, and what type were you using. I don't want to miss lead these guys, I'm going with the buccaneers 400 bulgin..always good to ask someone that has been there done that.........Thanks TH...joe

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OldeBeechnut said:
Keep the Door Open, I'll be down to see you in a few years on my road trip.............One question, I noticed you stopped using the Waterproof connectors, reason?..I know you do alot of waist to neck deep hunting.......................reason I ask..I have several people asking me about them since I'm changing out my wires and posting about them, did you have a problem with them leaking, and what type were you using. I don't want to miss lead these guys, I'm going with the buccaneers 400 bulgin..always good to ask someone that has been there done that.........Thanks TH...joe

Hey Joe,

No I didnt have a leak, I just decided to go with splicing the cable, I dont really swap the coils out, I much prefer to hunt with the large coils 15" WOT or the 12"x15" SEF Butterfly coils. I did think there would be less chance of a leak doing it that way. I splice about 12-14 inches below the controls on the stock cable, there is a lot of cable on the stock coils.....

jahall50

Feb 7, 2011
I,m from Titusville. I will be at Cocoa beach tomorrow if you see a Whites dual field its probably me. come say hi.

Justin

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jahall50 said:
I,m from Titusville. I will be at Cocoa beach tomorrow if you see a Whites dual field its probably me. come say hi.

Justin

Thanks, but think I will hunt further north, maybe Daytona Beach or north....Maybe another time......

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry i couldn't make it Marty... did ya get that safari today like you were talkin about?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S.S.Tupperware said:
Sorry i couldn't make it Marty... did ya get that safari today like you were talkin about?

No problem, I know you had work to do..... YEP I got it, near new condition.... :headbang:

We need to get together and do some land hunting.... :icon_thumright:

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how did your hunt go?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seeker41 said:
how did your hunt go?

Went okay, saw lots of eye candy ;D, and found lots of sand >:(

Water still too cold on Atlantic side, a lot of people at the beach but I maybe saw a 100 people in the water in a half mile stretch...... My unofficial guess is on average one lost piece of jewelry per 100 people wearing jewelry in the water..... so chances were dismal.......

But on a good note, it is always great to get to the beach and hunt, especially when the scenery is as nice as it was...... :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread