Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An people thought I was crazy when I replaced the brass bolt and wing nut on our old detectors years ago. Coils see metal right, get it as far from your coil as possible

for years now i have been taping up my coil wires tight against the shaft just for that reason and working in the water it seems to help a great deal.
You see lots of hunters hunting with coil wire all loose and hanging down right on top of the coil......that can not be good.
just passing the along for thought, we all have our own thoughts and plans.
good luck out there.

Attachments

• COILS1.jpg
    COILS1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 458
  • COILS2.jpg
    COILS2.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 458
  • COILS3.jpg
    COILS3.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Max, :thumbsup: wrapping the wire along the side also cuts water resistance to make it easier to sweep. Coil cables flopping around are just sloppy too and brands ya as a newbie if you have them sloppy. Ya gotta at least try to look 4.0.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using my AT Pro for two weeks, and have been making some good finds, but some times it got real chatty and i could only run 5 bar sensitivity. I only had the coil wire taped at one place about 4 inches above the coil. I taped it at three more places up the shaft and today in the water it was like a different machine. I could run at 7 bars sens and it only falsed 3 to 4 times in four hours. I could not believe the difference. So far all the problems I've been having with my AT Pro have been user error, but I'm learning.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"wrapping the wire along the side also cuts water resistance to make it easier to sweep"
yep!!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread