Waterproof earphones?

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Excalibur comes with hardwired waterproof headphones. The GT does not come with headphones, you plug whatever type of headphones on that you would like to use. You can use waterproof headphones, however the connection and the GT will not be waterproof without some modifications.

Chuck

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excal headphones are comfortable on land unless your head is extra large or funny shaped. I've had the Excal down over 140 foot and they worked great. On the Sov GT I like to use the Black Widow's for the extra sound proofing from exterior noise.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stock headphones on the Excal are good, not the best but good and comfortable for most people....... If you buy an Excal that is not under warranty you can change the headphones by splicing on a different headset if you wish, and spray the splice with plasti-dip to water proof the splice, you can also open up the excal and soder on the wires of a different headset if you wish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread