Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Monday the Deus sniffed out it's First Silver ring. Not especially deep at my local beach (Seal Beach, California)..it's a peace ring in 925 (remember "Ban the Bomb"?) So not my prettiest ring but it is Silver.

Today it was windy at Seal Beach. I felt foolish to endure the sand blasting. BUT I had no choice ...gotta feed the addiction. So I turned left instead of right at the blanket line and headed away from the more popular area. The main reason was that I've covered and covered that area over the past few weeks and I was thinking that the less explored parts might have a surprise or two. Picked up a few older clad and a few cents. Then, on the surface, a VDI of 80 (Zinc cent) did a double take and it was a yellow color stick up out of the dry sand. No scoop needed.

Did the drop test onto my left hand..Yep it's GOLD! With my glasses pushed up I could make out the 14K. So the story on this ring is that it goes to my new bride's son. Now the next one is mine.

Gotta LOVE this hobby...Yep gotta LOVE the Deus!

HH Joe

Attachments

• 1st Silver ring deus 5-16sm.jpg
    1st Silver ring deus 5-16sm.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 448
  • andrius 5-18 ringb sm.jpg
    andrius 5-18 ringb sm.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 428
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats to you! Great post and pics. I am so fired up to find my first ring or piece of jewelry! Thank's for sharing - T

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Doc, I did Seal Beach last year a lot. If ya see an old guy with a blue back pack swingin'a surf master PI, that be me. Normally I go by myself, but if ya see me come on over and say hey. I have an old mans pass to Santa Monica beach. Do OK there. Last year at Seal I found a P4SR ring with 5 diamonds, a couple silver and about 6 costume I like the beach but right now due to the weather have been hitting a few parks and schools locally. Did OK last week. Check out todays finds and look for gold fever pete. Let me know what you think. Pete

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Congrats! :icon_thumright:. Now that you got the new detector broke in you can hunt with confidence. Keep the gold coming!

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of nice rings Dr. Joe. Congratulations
on the Gold and Silver beach finds.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions