Small gold ring & silver small & large in Long Beach

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
Small gold ring & silver small & large in Long Beach

Hello everyone. I tried hunting the beaches of OC (Huntington & Newport) late last week during a recent larger south swell near the major piers in those So Cal beach cities. It appears I got to both places too late at low tide during the morning. Others had already come in gone even before 5:30 am. Only a few coins. Moved my way up to Seal Beach (Hi Dr. Joe ) not much there so I finally ended up near the Belmont pier in Long Beach.

I have found a couple silver rings and one silver Roosevelt but never any gold in the beaches behind Long Beach breakwater. Well today wouldn't you know it some of the high surf energy had made it's way behind the breakwater and uncovered these three goodies for me in the shallow surf near the pier after only finding a few fishing sinkers early on.

My first gold piece of jewelry in Long Beach - yeah. Not a huge ring and no Kt marking but I don't think it is plated. Has small stone though not sure of the quality of the stone . Still need to test for Kt value. Second nearby I found the small silver ring and last but not least the Walking Liberty half .

Wow what surprise on that one. I don't find alot of silver coins and this only my second Walker. So it was exciting for me. It is the best shape silver coin I have ever found in the ocean sands and surf. I think I find it more thrilling to find than the gold ring.

Attachments

• DSCN34350001.JPG
    DSCN34350001.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 583
  • DSCN34200001.JPG
    DSCN34200001.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 597
  • DSCN34280001.JPG
    DSCN34280001.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 566
  • DSCN34360001.JPG
    DSCN34360001.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 575
  • DSCN34370001.JPG
    DSCN34370001.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 586
  • DSCN34450001.JPG
    DSCN34450001.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: Small gold ring & silver small & large in Long Beach

Mike nice finds and glad you were successful. If I may make a suggestion......I wouldn't be to explicit about where you made those nice finds if a hole has opened up. There are too many now that just lurk on these forum looking where people are making finds. If you go back, it will be cleaned out our they will be there right along side of you. If you posted you found those in San Diego, they are still nice finds, and your competition will be off to hunt San Diego tomorrow and no where near the hole you found.
Good Hunting

Chuck

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

sweet little diamond ring it looks like. good hunt!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

captaindoug said:
maybe thats what he did

:headbang: :hello2:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Mike, I want to kindly ask you to keep the specifics about your hunting spots to yourself. There's a few of us that want to keep these spots as discreet as possible. We live and hunt these areas, and would rather not have 20+ md'ers hunting these spots based on someones finds post!

I remember back in '07(when I was a newbie and didn't know any better) telling everyone on two different forums about how great this one park was in Long Beach. Well, what a big mistake that was!! Two days later, I went back to this park, and found 7 other guys pounding the hell out of it. Guys I didn't recognize where just making a mess of the park....digging messy holes/plugs, and dragging large plugging apparatuses on a rope behind them! :-\ I will never publicly post "Where" I found any more old coins again.....I hope you will be more discreet in the future also. It just doesn't make much sense to tell the lurkers where exactly you're hunting. It's like telling someone exactly where you found a 3 oz nugget in the gold country. Saying, "a cut at the Beach" would suffice, just like "The Park" produced well. No names, landmarks, directions, etc....

I understand how happy you are and want to tell everyone what you finally found at a local beach, and I congratulate you on making some nice finds. You could easily do this without mentioning where. Please understand this! Invite a friend or two if you want to hunt a spot, but don't invite potentially "hundreds of lurkers" just waiting for the chance for someone to give them a place to hunt...Please!! :sad5:

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop

Great finds :icon_thumright:. Great looking walking liberty coin. I agree with the other posts from forum members. They are very helpful on this site, and are looking out for your best interests. A cut that exposes old coinage and jewelry is the ultimate thrill for a beach hunter, and doesn't come along too often. Keep it to yourself and a couple of close friends if you want to find more while the opportnity exists....HH

magjm

Sep 20, 2004
sylva, nc
Detector(s) used
E-Trac. Excal, XLT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I'll be on the first plane west lol. Some of us do not or are unable to rush out to posted sites no matter how close to home. Then there are those you invite to detect with you one time at a little-known spot. Next time you go, you either find him/her there or what is left after.... As Mulder would say, Trust No One.

Magjm

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Luckily I'm not there anymore. I worked for the City of Long Beach Maintenance Dept and the beaches where my stomping grounds and found a lot of stuff there. Our yard was under the 2nd St Bridge. Nice finds but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh keep your good spots to your self. :thumbsup:

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice ring and other finds. Congratulations! Careful on giving locations.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike,

Congratulations on those very nice finds! :headbang:

Keep up the good work! :hello2:

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions