A rolex???? NOT!!!!

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I was excited to get out there and start hunting this morning. I figured it would be a good day. I got out there early just as the sun was coming up. I walked into the water about 10 feet and got my first hit – a ring!

Ring053011.jpg

Allllll Riggggt! Well sort of. It is a cheap toe ring but a very good beginning to my morning. About 4 steps forward and another hit! This time it was an earring. A stud witch.

Earring053011.jpg

Kind of appropriate if you ask me since I’ve been called "Wanda, the witch" most of my life! LOL

I found a few coins but not nearly as many as I thought I would find and it was only 1 dime and 4 pennies but in the midst of finding those I got another hit and it turned out to be a watch.

Watchslap053011.jpg

A rolex? No, and in my opinion it is an ugly watch! It’s only worth 19.95 according to the web site where they are sold but what the hey….

http://www.slapwatch.com/shop-for-slap-watch.html

You can actually see the water sloshing around in the face but, it is still running! I’ll take it.

My next find was a bracelet. It is a braided leather bracelet with a little metal on it and “Forgiven” engraved on the metal.

Braceletleather053011.jpg

I “eyeballed” another bracelet and since it is just a rubber band it didn't sound off. I couldn’t miss it… it was bright yellow! This one has “LIVESTRONG” on it.

My next hit was real strong and I was surprised to pull up 2 magnets clamped together. I have no idea what they are for but they sure pull the metal towards them!

Magnets053011.jpg

All in all - I did have a pretty good array of finds this morning not to mention the handful of bobbypins, a safety pin (which was open), a screw, pulltabs etc etc etc . Nothing real “good” but still this machine is new to me and I think I’m doing pretty well with it.

053011.jpg

Happy hunting to you all and I can’t wait for tomorrow! :wink:

Upvote 0

digging41

Sep 7, 2008
Mumszie,

You certainly do get a good variety when you head out. I would be happy with those finds anyday. :thumbsup: Keep swinging and sooner or later it will be gold.

Digging41

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was a great hunt Mumszie...you found quite a
variety of items with your new DF. Too bad the toe
ring wasn't silver or gold. Maybe the next one will be.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Granted that is an ugly watch. I always liked the ones you find in 3 foot of water that are rated for 100 meters and they have water in them.

fisher2

Mar 20, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
take the magnets 1 in each hand throw them in air so they collide see what they do they should make a buzzing sound its a toy for children they're kinda fun

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
fisher2 said:
take the magnets 1 in each hand throw them in air so they collide see what they do they should make a buzzing sound its a toy for children they're kinda fun

Oh good! I was hoping someone up here would know what they are and could tell me. Thanks!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice hunt mumszie, Question? I missed the PI thing, Getting one was a bold move for sure, only the hardcore hunters pull out the PI's, did steve talk you into the DF? Anyway, looks like you doing well after reading a few of your newer post was just wonder why...Good Luck with your new machine and always nice to read your stories, and see your find$$$$.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
interesting hunt mumszie!! I like the ring. sorry it wasn't a rolex!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread