More green

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went to the beach this morning only to find that someone had obvisiouly been there before me. Probably last night as I got there just as the sun was coming up. No hits at all! Not even a bobby pin! They cleaned it good but.... still I didn't do too bad. Sure no targets but..... I did see a piece of paper stuck in the sand in about 3 feet of water and started to pass it by. Glad I didn't. It turned out to be a five dollar bill! LOL Then as I was leaving I spotted a tarp someone had left. There was no one else at the beach. I didn't see anyone anywhere so... I've been wanting a tarp to cover my kayak. It is kept outside and I was afraid the hot sun would eventually crack it so I wanted to cover it up. I also found a couple sand toys which I haven't been picking up lately but since I wasn't getting any targets I decided to take what I could get.

Then I went on to a second beach. Now here I started out pretty darn good. One quarter after another! That was fun while it lasted. Then I found a dime and then a few pennies. Then nothing else!

053111.jpg

Well not one of my best days as far as hunting. No jewelry at all for me today not even junk but I still came out pretty darn good today. I'll take it! I hope your day is a "good" one. :wink:

Upvote 0

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good job Mumszie :icon_thumleft: I like those eyeball finds, especially when it doubles your haul for the day.

And if it were me, I would have taken the tarp too :wink:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt Mumszie....things are looking up.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eyeball finds count too. I always wear polarized glasses when wading the water as they cut the surface glare so you can see bills on the bottom. I pickup anything that isn't nailed down. Around here people leave those huge beach towels just laying on the sand when they leave for the day. I hope they don't think they will be there the next day when they come back.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Sandman said:
Eyeball finds count too. I always wear polarized glasses when wading the water as they cut the surface glare so you can see bills on the bottom. I pickup anything that isn't nailed down. Around here people leave those huge beach towels just laying on the sand when they leave for the day. I hope they don't think they will be there the next day when they come back.

Yep, some of those beach towels are REALLY nice ones! I can't believe they just leave them. Others are hotel towels and even those are pretty nice! Yep, I pick those up too when I see them. :wink:

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cash is always good.

Hey, when at the beach, if it isn't nailed down, its mine.

If it's nailed down but I can pry it loose, it's still mine. :D

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Mumszie, money is always good. I once found 3 one dollar bills held with a clip. Someone said, how can you find dollar bills with a metal detector. I answered because they are silver certificates . He actually believed it.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Les West Central Fl said:
Good job Mumszie, money is always good. I once found 3 one dollar bills held with a clip. Someone said, how can you find dollar bills with a metal detector. I answered because they are silver certificates . He actually believed it.

Good one, Les! I can never think fast enough to make a good comeback! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread