SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Old saying:

Early bird.....................

Why did you wait until 4:30, cannot sleep
all morning and expect to pull up the best ;D ;)

have a good un.............

OP
OP
midas777gold

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
I'm just saying that with the BEAT EVERYBODY ELSE at any cost attitude, these jokers are taking away the hobby fun for everyone. The signs at most of the parks and beaches in my area say "NO Trespassing after dark."

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Midas,

if I get there early, I find out the others were
there yesterday.

If I try a Fri, beat the weekend warriors, they were
out Thur.

Take what you can get, nothing is ever hunted out.

have a good un.............

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the only way around this is to hit the water as the people are leaving...anywhere between 3 and 7PM. This would preferably be after a big day, like Saturday, Sunday or a holiday. Then stay as long into the night as you can. The other method is to research forgotten sites. I know the feeling of frustration...but don't dwell on it, just get out there and find what they missed.

HH!
TBGO

Jason in TN

Bronze Member
Oct 29, 2004
East Tennessee
Get your self a Minelab Explorer water proof it and climb right in there with them. You will not even know they are there and that explorer will drive most other machines crazy. A little mean but it works.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why wait for someone else to get in there first? Some guys like to hunt at night as you only need a light to see in the scoop. It means you can detect without some ranger telling you to get off the beach since your not tresspasing till you come ashore. However, night hunting deffinitely cuts down on the girl watching. Hunting at night in the salt water is just plain silly as this is when you can get eatten.

R

realmhunter

Most of the time its allot cooler to do this at night. With daytime temps reaching 95+ degrees for most of the country, this is a option. However in some places such as in Florida the law has changed to where water detecting by the beach is illegal. You can get fined and any (treasure) confiscated. There may be laws like this where you are and these guys are breaking the laws. I would suggest going to your towns,cities or states web site and doing some research. It will keep you out of trouble in the long run..Good luck..RH

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They will never get it all. A lot of TH'ers hunt in full discrimination and miss gold and nickles. You dig a lot of trash but it does pay. Need some new sites then go to the court house tax office and ask for the old Government Survey Plats for that county and pore over the hand drawn maps. Maybe you'll find an old Ferry crossing, a steamboat landing or an old homestead. The tax collector staff can cross reference the old maps to a modern map, find the present owner and away you go to a possible virgin site. Good Luck.

Harry

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Working the beaches at night does have many advantages. I usually have my girlfriend drop me off (or someone else when she wants to come along) at point A then pick me up in the morning at point B. This is especially useful when I want to work the miles of beaches with limited access due to the "Condo kings", private homes, etc.). A small day pack with extra batteries, water, a couple of sandwiches, etc makes for a nice night on the beach with no one bugging you (a cell phone makes a good addition also as point B can then be anywhere you end up in the morning). good luck to all!!!!
Deepsix

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
deepsix,

now that is the way to hunt. Sounds like
an adventure every time out.

have a good un............

G

GermanTreasures

Not Over Here!

So I should be happy to live here in Germany. Every once in a while we hear of the myth, that another water hunter had been at some place we are ready to hunt. We've got lots of land detectorists, but none in the Water - yet! Good pickins for sure!

OP
OP
midas777gold

midas777gold

May 29, 2006
To our German friend, I was watching a DVD on Eva Braun, hitler's mistress. Shows her in a lake with nice beach at one of Hitler's hideaways. This had a dock with diving board, sandy beach, great looking. Would love to water hunt that!!!!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Living here in Florida, with all the beaches is nice, but like Sandman says, I would be careful in the salt water at night. "Things that go bump in the night" here bite.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
midas777gold said:
I'm just saying that with the BEAT EVERYBODY ELSE at any cost attitude, these jokers are taking away the hobby fun for everyone. The signs at most of the parks and beaches in my area say "NO Trespassing after dark."

Time is as you see it! Maybe they didn't see it as "After Dark" They might have thought it was "Before Light"! That wouldn't have been against the rules!

I think that if you were the one leaving the beach when they arrived, you would have been snickering that the Early Bird got the worm!

Best,

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread