HELP!... I am addicted to this site...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
I think I have gotten treasure fever. Is there a cure? :dontknow:...I just bought a Whites dual frequency machine last month. Went to the beach twice. Found two rings, one of which was junk stainless the other my honerable mention (picture by my name), and yesterday I ordered a Teknetics G2 for finding gold in the dry sand. So much for all the overtime I worked this month just to afford it. I am falling in love with beach hunting. Have I lost my mind? Have any of you gone through this? Is there a cure? Oh man, this is fun! By the way have any of you used the G2 on the dry sand? Thanks for taking the time to listen to a crazy man, and this site just adds fuel to the fire like you wouldn't believe!

Upvote 0

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL...theres no turning back now, I started this year, these past five months have been a blast. GL to you and HH!!!!

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, its too late. You're done for.

Just remember these days of great hits if you ever go through a dry spell. They keep you going. :icon_thumleft:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Search & Recovery...you 're past the point of no return :icon_sunny:

Lorraine

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
search and recovery said:
I think I have gotten treasure fever. Is there a cure? :dontknow:.............I am falling in love with beach hunting. Have I lost my mind? Have any of you gone through this? Is there a cure?

I have gone through a 10 step program and I am now down to just 6 detectors, 3 for beach hunting 3 for land, I don't know what your referring to...... :tongue3:

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You think you are addicted??? Wait till you come home and find your detector in the bed!! I quit going out for a few days.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Les West Central Fl said:
You think you are addicted??? Wait till you come home and find your detector in the bed!! I quit going out for a few days.

LOL

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
Hi my names drewan .... and I am an addict :laughing9: Join the crowd and like folks above have said it gets worse.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know when your addicted If:

your hands start to become numb even when you have 7mm gloves on!

your elbow hurts for weeks on end (scoop arm)!

your shoves staffs crack and metal starts to rip!

you call in sick to work because the tides are to low to miss out!

your coil starts to build up with ice!

you start building accessories!

you dream about digging!

you run out of room on the kitchen counter top!

you buy a camera just to post your finds!

you travel longer than a hour to hunt a spot you have eye balled on Goggle earth!

you are a straight male and comment on a piece of jewelry some stranger is wearing!

If you have answered yes to any of the above you should contact Metal detectors anonymous!!!
Deniall is not a river in Egypt!!! Cause that would be a great spot to hunt!!!!

Most important have fun, believe and be persistent and the best will follow!!!

SnT

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Sure there's a cure! Apply as many trips to the beach with detector as possible year round and your good.
Whenever you start to get the shakes grab the D'ctor and go like mad!

You are doomed to forever wander the beach in search of Precious! :laughing7: :laughing7: :hello:

~~H~H~~

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know your addicted when the first thing you look at on a pretty lady in a bikini at the beach is her hands to see if she has any jewelry on or when you start following someone in the water with nice jewelry on in hopes it will fall off........

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello my name is Pete

(crowd says - hello Pete)

I am a detectorholic

It all started a little over a year ago and now I am a confirmed detectorholic. Sure I just had one detector that was a gift that spent a couple of years in a closet. Then one day I pulled it out cause the wife said i was getting fat and needed to walk. So I started with one hour a night, then two and then on week ends maybe three a day. In that years time I have found, rings, necklaces, IPODS, cell phones, bracelets and over eight hundred dollars in loose change (that I have rolled and stashed). I have gone from that one detector to four. And accessories, sand scoops )2) pluggers (1) pin pointers (2) a little bag that holds tools, extra parts in case I loose a nut on the arm brace or the coil and most important extra batteries. I buy those from Cosco 40 for ten bucks. My car has a trash bag and a bag for pull tops. (the club I belong to donates them to help people with MS) Yeah OK so I have went from 193 to 178 in that years time. If I remember right, that could be because I might have missed a meal or two cause I came home late. It still makes me feel like a kid again when I hear those tones and know there could be a sweet gold ring down there. Yes my friend you are a detectorholic. As far as I know there is no known cure. (not that you would want one) HH Pete

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
You know your addicted when the first thing you look at on a pretty lady in a bikini at the beach is her hands to see if she has any jewelry on or when you start following someone in the water with nice jewelry on in hopes it will fall off........

Geez, I thought I was the only one..........Just remember that this hobby or obsession is for fun.

Attachments

• Treasure Everywhere copy.jpg
    Treasure Everywhere copy.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 505

eawoman

Jun 4, 2011
Miami FL
Detector(s) used
AT PRO GARRETT
:hello: Hello my name is Elizabeth and I am an addict too WHEW!! never thought I would say that LOL. I too just jumped straight into this lifestyle in May 2011.. last month. Did not start small went straight to the AT Pro Garrett..unfortunately/fortunately there is no turning back. It is better than doing drugs or not doing anything at all. I am in Miami Florida anyone want to come down and hunt or I can come up and hunt ... HELP ME... Well maybe not ... :headbang: WELCOME TO THE MD ZONE.

OP
OP
search and recovery

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Thanks to everybody who posted. Got some great laughs from all. Oh, and welcome to the site Elizabeth.

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a man call me in January. Near 0 temps, snow, wind. He said he threw his wedding ring in his yard during a domestic dispute , and asked if I would look for it when the weather was fit. I said where do you live, I'll be right over. It was so cold I could only hunt a half hour before my hands and ears froze. I returned the next evening and found the ring my first pass. Was easy to see where I had hunted because of the snow. So everyone.....was happy. So is it an obsession or insanity? :laughing7: :laughing7:

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a good thing!! Most wonderful thing that ever happened to me, except for my wife and kids! Shh!!, there almost second. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread