Dragons Lair

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Dragon's Lair

Not too bad this morning. Nothing "good" but still a couple interesting finds. I got 2 cheap hoop earrings 2 quarters, 1 nickel, 1 penny, a house key, a rubbermaid head band (I've never seen one made like this before).

062011.jpg

I also found a cheap ring. I thought the ring was missing some stones but when I got home and really looked at it I found that the places where I thought they were missing were actually black stones of some sort and the rest are a kind of yellow. 3 black ones (on the left) and 5 yellow ones.

Ring062011.jpg

Then I put on my suit of armor and got ready for battle. I got on my white steed and entered the dragon's lair. There, after battling for hours and hours I found the dragon's treasure. A large dragon necklace. I wish it was silver but.... it isn't. The necklace was really an interesting find but it is some kind of cheap metal. NOT silver. Oh well I like it anyway. You can see in the 2nd picture of it that the link is rusted.

Dragon0620112.jpg

Dragon0620111.jpg

Still not a bad morning at all. After battling that wicked dragon I'm ready for a nap. I have to get myself rested up for tomorrow's adventure. :wink:

Upvote 0

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
Re: Dragon's Lair

My son would love the dragon NL he's into them big time,Congrats on the hunt Mumszie :thumbsup: at least your getting out I wish I could say the same it's to dang cold here have the furnace running now. >:(
HH-drewan

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You had a good hunt, Mumszie; glad you got out there. :hello2:

I couldn't get free this morning...lawn to mow, and still cleaning out the old chicken coop from "days of yore" :(

I love that dragon necklace! It is unique...and a very nice find :headbang:

good luck on your next hunt...maybe I can get out there tomorrow while Hank is golfing :icon_thumleft:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice finds Mumszie! :headbang: I thought I'd get out today but knees said no way........

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

I like the dragon too. so where is your knight in shining armor to save you from this ferocious wee beasty?

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

mamabear said:
I like the dragon too. so where is your knight in shining armor to save you from this ferocious wee beasty?

He has fought all the beasts for me for the first 50 years. Now is his time to rest. He is sleeping in his chair. LOL

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

Sandman said:
nice finds Mumszie! :headbang: I thought I'd get out today but knees said no way........

I HEAR YA! My knee and hip never used to hurt once I got in the water but here lately even that doesn't help. ;D

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other

bless your heart Mumszie, I am so glad you are a member of this site. you are a treasure yourself! even w/ your aching bod. hmm if aching bodies were a thread here I bet it would be the busiest one!

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida

mamabear said:
bless your heart Mumszie, I am so glad you are a member of this site. you are a treasure yourself! even w/ your aching bod. hmm if aching bodies were a thread here I bet it would be the busiest one!

**sigh**

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010

You might want to take a good look at that necklace.the one piece that is rusty is just some thing some one used to attach the dragon.I dont think it acctualy goes with the neckless

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You go girl! :headbang: I really enjoy your posts and finds! I am going to find a Rubbermaid headband someday. Hopefully I find my first ring - first! :thumbsup:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice hunt Mumszie....Like the Dragon!
Gold Nuggets :hello:

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sweet dragon Mumszie :icon_thumleft:

captaindoug

May 1, 2011

A nice turnaround/ This time the dragon was saved by the princess/
Way to go Mumszie
Doug

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread