Washington state
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have the beach hunter ID, I have only had it a few weeks, but I have had it underwater on three ocassions for quite a while while detecting at Daytona and Cocoa beaches. I have yet to see any sign of moisture in it.

Were you skin diving and possible go to deep. If it was mine and it has moisture in it or signs of moisture and under warranty I would return it, even if it was working fine now, who knows the damage done to it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This detector only has a operation depth of less than twenty feet. The moisture should have evaporated in 3 days. It might not be the moisture, but a threshold switch. Since you can take it back, do so. The dealer will send it back to Whites if he can't correct the problem.

This is not a problem with any underwater detector to get water into the controls under normal conditions.

good Luck,
Sandman

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Him

Mine exactly behaved the same way, send it back, whites will repair it. That was two years ago. Last month condensation appeared at the upper left corner opposite the toggle switch, since i am in the phillipines, i had to open it up and wipe out the condensation and added a couple of silicon packs. I noticed that it has a very thin O ring, so be carefull if you dive beyond 25 ft but for wading or chest deep water, its a fine machince.HH
]

God bless,

Jose

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, My wife is Filipino, where in Philippines do you live?

She is from the Butuan area, but she lived in Cebu for many years. Cebu is where I fist saw my wife and I love the beaches there.

Filippino perple are really good people and I was treated with great respect when I was there by all. I couldn't help but notice all the beautiful girls.

LOVE THE FOOD!

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi Thad,

I read e-mail before your post, anyway, im in Negros island, right beside Cebu. I ussually hunt boracay twice a year with my sov and BHID, i have also hunted siquihor (nice island) and panglao in Bohol, i guess your familiar with all the places i mentioned. The detectors work fine in these beaches because of the white sand, but in mineralized beaches i use the sov but could not go into the water except when its lowtide, wish i had an excal. HH

God bless,

Jose

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, it was me, not Thad who was asking....No problem....I Know Cebu since I met my wife there in Cebu City (Great City) and I know where Boracay and Bohol is, ( never been there), others I'm not famuliar with.

Wife is in Philippines now in small place east of Butuan about 15 mins by jeepney. She returns in 48 hours from a 5 week visit.

Next time I'm in Phillipines I will let you know and maybe we can hunt a little.

Marty

agentic

Jun 18, 2013
Eastern Singapore
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Hi Thad,

I read e-mail before your post, anyway, im in Negros island, right beside Cebu. I ussually hunt boracay twice a year with my sov and BHID, i have also hunted siquihor (nice island) and panglao in Bohol, i guess your familiar with all the places i mentioned. The detectors work fine in these beaches because of the white sand, but in mineralized beaches i use the sov but could not go into the water except when its lowtide, wish i had an excal. HH

God bless,

Jose

Hi Jose,

Any chance you will be hunting in May this year in Boracay?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jose,

Any chance you will be hunting in May this year in Boracay?

You do realize this thread is 8 years old?

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"You do realize this thread is 8 years old?"

I hate these old thread Resurrections !!!! first, I was wondering why you were using a bhid! second, I was going to jump on ya for coming over here and hunting without contacting me!!!!!

chuck.

agentic

Jun 18, 2013
Eastern Singapore
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
"You do realize this thread is 8 years old?" I hate these old thread Resurrections !!!! first, I was wondering why you were using a bhid! second, I was going to jump on ya for coming over here and hunting without contacting me!!!!! chuck.
Hey Chuck, BHID - Well it came up on a search on guys in Philippines ... Your around the woods in a Boracay?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread