Buying gold

Buried Crap NJ

Dec 5, 2009
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Minelab Excalibur II, Minelab GT,Compass XP-Pro,Fischer 1210X
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Personally I would wait and here's why. Some say there will may be up to a 25% correction that week!
Not sure the affect this will have but there will be a market correction. As of July 15 2011 Gold and silver will be illegal to leverage by the public ( You and Me) Then they are going after grains and oil and so on.You can still own and buy gold silver you just have to take possession of it. Prior to July 15 you could leverage 100 dollars for every 1 invested. This is whats caused the rapid rise in silver 2011 as this was never allowed in the silver marker before. Reason why it fell nearly 15.00 bucks 2 months ago, this Bill was introduced.
As a result of the Dodd-Frank Act enacted by US Congress, a new regulation prohibiting US residents from trading over the counter precious metals, including gold and silver, will go into effect on Friday, July 15, 2011.

In conjunction with this new regulation, FOREX.com must discontinue metals trading for US residents on Friday, July 15, 2011 at the close of trading at 5pm ET. As a result, all open metals positions must be closed by July 15, 2011 at 5pm ET.

We encourage you to wind down your trading activity in these products over the next month in anticipation of the new rule, as any open XAU or XAG positions that remain open prior to July 15, 2011 at approximately 5:00 pm ET will be automatically liquidated.

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
They are selling 1/10th oz slabs of silver for 6 bucks, thats 60 an ounce. And only paying 33 for an ounce. Totally inflated price for the raw metal.

I am looking to buy silver...but no way in hell I am paying exorbitantly inflated prices for it.

Gulf Hunter said:
Jack Straw said:
Anyone know of a reputable place to purchase gold from? Looking around all I see are SUPER inflated prices on coins and bars. Any help would be great.

I use this place exclusively to buy and sell bullion.
http://www.apmex.com/?gclid=CIqWgf2H6acCFcOd7QodJ3joaA

OP
OP
Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Jun 24, 2010
PA/UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Buried,

that will not even move the needle. The institutional folks are who drives the prices not the individuals. Central banks, industry, hedge funds etc.... individuals represent a VERY small portion of the metals trade as far as investment is concerned. If anything it is all going up from here. my 2c

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jack Straw said:
Anyone know of a reputable place to purchase gold from? Looking around all I see are SUPER inflated prices on coins and bars. Any help would be great.

I am a gold prospector, and have a lot of nuggets and flake from Central Arizona (20-22K). I have 11-grams I'll part with. Looking to fund a trip to hunt the beach in Miami! [email protected]

Attachments

• 11gramsAZgold.jpg
    11gramsAZgold.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 391

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jack Straw said:
Sold! Thanks terry....good to talk with you as well.

Way Cool JS! Woo-Hoo! My wife just said she can't believe I was serious about going to Florida! LOL! Pulling up Orbitz now - and THANK YOU! :hello2:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
Jack Straw said:

Way Cool JS! Woo-Hoo! My wife just said she can't believe I was serious about going to Florida! LOL! Pulling up Orbitz now - and THANK YOU! :hello2:

Everyone leaves happy :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: BTW. Check eBay. I know it's not really what you are looking for but you can buy gold and silver at scrap or even below scrap sometimes. Just make sure it's a reputable seller.

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Terry Soloman said:
Jack Straw said:

You will be surprised when you get here. Be sure to let us know how that trip goes.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can Slaw said:
You will be surprised when you get here. Be sure to let us know how that trip goes.

I Will! Just have to decide if I want to go to Ft. Lauderdale or Miami. Last time I was in Miami in July, it was awful. Hot and sticky, watching the the Miami P.D jog down the Boardwalk at 6am. If you guys were going to spend two-days detecting a Florida beach, which one would it be?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread