Florida in July; 2-days; Which Beach?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pat-tekker-cat said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
pat-tekker-cat said:
oh, we so sanded in, pelease!
Hope that helps some! :laughing7:

Pat don't know if you were mocking my comment or not, if you were, I'm not offended, but I know for a fact the East coast of Florida from Jacksonville at least through Cocoa is sanded in bad, I have also hunted the West coast, St Pete area and it is sanded in as well. I have talked to hunters in the Miami area and they are also reporting a lot of sand, although there are more finds there due to more people in the water, they are still harder to come by than in the previous years.......
T.H., no no dear, no mock, not at all! Emotions never convey properly on internet, I find.
We are sanded in so bad, Palm, Broward, Dade, it ain't even funny!
I walk around at low tide in ankle deep water, where as, it used to be 3-4 feet deep?
Whatever had been lost in past, is now deeply buried!

No problem, just wanted to be be sure we were on the same page..... Yes people are finding some jewelry, recent drops, but the amount of finds are way down for most people I know..... I never pray for a hurricane, not after the 2004 season, but a nice subtropical, nor'eastern or tropical storm would be nice...............

Sandshark561

Jun 10, 2011
Lake Worth, Fl.
Detector(s) used
White Surf master PI, Sandshark by Tesoro, DFX Whites
South Beach is best but it is pricey! Deerfield beach is north but good deals on rooms! Plus I would hunt with you as I am Local! Any place like Siesta Key beach in Sarasota on the gulf coast is also awesome! Lot of competition on the gulf side of Florida :headbang:

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
davest said:
west coast st pete area is "renourished" for your treasure hunting enjoyment.

just thought I'd let ya know.

Have they been renourishing the Gulf Coast beaches?

It is going on right now at Ft Myers Beach.

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
tjc45 said:
Find that dude in FL who keep posting his ring finds everyday. Go to his beach and do what he does. You should come home with at least one ring for each hunt!!!! Good luck!!!
He's hunting an off limits beach at night, hate to go to jail for vacation...

Who might that be?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't think any beaches were off limits. :dontknow: If your going to say something like that, you better be ready to prove it.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
I didn't think any beaches were off limits. :dontknow: If your going to say something like that, you better be ready to prove it.

I think he might be talking about "The Treasure Coast". :dontknow: That's the only water that's off limits without permits that I know of but I think you and Dew right. Clarification please??

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DewGuru said:
finderzzs said:
tjc45 said:
Find that dude in FL who keep posting his ring finds everyday. Go to his beach and do what he does. You should come home with at least one ring for each hunt!!!! Good luck!!!

Who might that be?

I don't see any posts from the little whiners? Maybe it's time to grow up and shut your lobster traps!

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
lookindown said:

The only beaches I know that are "Off Limits" are Canaveral National Seashore(100% off limits to MD'ing) & in the lease areas of the Treasure coast and they are only "Off Limits" in the water, from the dune(bottom) toe to low tide line is fair game.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wildman4910 said:
lookindown said:

The only beaches I know that are "Off Limits" are Canaveral National Seashore(100% off limits to MD'ing) & in the lease areas of the Treasure coast and they are only "Off Limits" in the water, from the dune(bottom) toe to low tide line is fair game.

COTTON said:
State parks(some) A big no no. :tongue3:

There are some state parks on the Gulf Coast that don't allow it....

Add to that "Riviera Beach, Florida (just north of West Palm beach) due to a city ordinance..... You can walk down the beach to the water and detect in the water, you just cannot detect on the beach. An ordinance passed by City Council .

Here are some previous post about Riviera Beach not allowing it....

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,228438.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,325350.0.html

Gary Drayton

Dec 28, 2007
Fort Lauderdale Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur
Minelab Sovereign GT
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here you go guys, the back cover of my new book "The shallow water hunter's guide to South Florida" there is a nine page chapter with detailed information on all the best water hunting sites in South Florida.

Attachments

• back cover.jpg
    back cover.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,282
  • back cover.jpg
    back cover.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 1,256

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gary D., I'm wishing you much success, with your books!

In Dania Bch, we got John Lloyd state park,
and yep, them widlife officers, got NO PROBLEM, running you off.
Though one did let me help him dig out turtle eggs
for relocation one time, that was cool.

You can detect in the water there, and up to high tide line.
But no beach detecting! (I d/get it, but, n/my park, ya know.)

Ya'll keep having fun!

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
THANK YOU ALL! :notworthy: Wow! I have been "sanded in" with great suggestions and offers - what a GREAT bunch of folks! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy: What a nice problem to have - deciding what beach I want to spend two-day on! I'm consulting with the bosses (two oldest daughters and the Mrs) and will keep you all posted! Thank's again for all the great suggestions and offers! :headbang: :hello2: :thumbsup:
This is my Memorial Day week-end finds on Treasure Island {Gulf Coast} if its any help!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCN1265.JPG
    DSCN1265.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,221
  • DSCN1265.JPG
    DSCN1265.JPG
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,195

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want to find as much as DewGuru then you have to put in a lot of hours in the water as he does. He works for his finds!!

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think too much is being made of DewGuru's location. There was video posted at one time that showed him finding a ring. I won't give more details, but assuming DG isn't driving 200 miles each way to the beach and back, his general location is in a well known area of FL.

That said, i hunt along side some of the best hunters on the East Coast. i know exactly where they are hunting, the machines they are using etc. Do i replicate their success? I do really well, but no. They are killing it, while i'm figuring it out. So, I believe that it's no different with DewGuru.

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
lookindown said:
ALL STATE PARK BEACHES ARE OFF LIMITS, IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF THE WATER IN FLORIDA.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
lookindown said:
ALL STATE PARK BEACHES ARE OFF LIMITS, IF YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, YOU NEED TO STAY OUT OF THE WATER IN FLORIDA.
And you finderzzs need to answer the question: Who might that be? You are accusing someone of a crime dude. You should have some kind of proof before you do that or at least identify who or what you are talking about. ???

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell, I ain't bashful --- I reside in and around the Tampa area --- Home to the most whored out, over hunted beaches around. Come on over and join the rest of the crowds, lol. I hunt a variety of beaches, 4-5 days per week -- 'x' hours per hunt. Some day, some night. But NONE of which are "off limits". Personally, I think it takes a real coward to post something like that, about anyone.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
tjc45 said:
You have made good finds, so why do you think he is hunting an off limits beach......wait a minute, did you make your Hawaii finds on an off limits beach?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finderzzs said:
lookindown said:
You can hunt the dry sand at Sebastian inlet state park. Please stop giving false info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread