7-5 Beach Jewelry!! Silver ring and a diamond!!!

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I hit the beach this morning just like I think everyone else did :) Got there at my usual 6am and already a few hunters on the dry sand and 2 in the water. I walked a ways down the beach before going in not to crowd anyone. Targets came quick at first, a couple 2 or 3 coin pocket spills. Then I got a nice clean hit and whatever it was kept falling through my scoop(I hate that!) Walked a scoopful up to the beach and kicked it out to find a stud earing, fake diamond, 925 silver though. I can't believe how hard this thing hits on the small stud earings! Anyway, back into the water and after another 10 minutes or so another nice solid clean hit. Pulled out the Silver earing with a diamond chip in it! Pretty sure the diamond is good. Then a while with no hits so I start making my way down the lane and after a few more coins and a couple iffy signals that I dug anyway and turned out to be Bpins, I finally got a Hard High silver type signal. Pulled out the nice Silver Faith ring! 4th ring in 2 months so I'm happy even if its not gold :) One more junk earing rounded out the jewelry for the day. Said hello to a couple hunters in the lane. This is pretty cool, towards the end of my hunt I get a nice signal. Go for a second pass and off goes a GIGANTIC ray from under the coil. After the ray was gone, so was the signal! I'm pretty sure it was something the ray ate or lead or a hook in its mouth that was the target! I had a nice chuckle :laughing7: Then last thing of the day, I'm telling myself ok one more target and I'm done. I get a BANGIN hit like a buried can or something. Oh, what the heck I take a scoop. still there but not as loud, shake out the scoop, 3 quarters 2 pennies! After a few more scoops I had a buck in change from that one spill. I almost passed it by after the loudness of the hit! Well, Hope to see posts from a few of the hunters I saw later in the day!

HH, Aaron

001-1.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-1.jpg

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Aaron.....congrats on the silvers.
Those small studs can be a frustrating
time when they slip thru the holes in the
scoop. You know it's a good target, but you
can't find it...... Gold Nuggets :hello:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah! You go boy! :hello2: :headbang: :notworthy:

Gemini420

Jun 27, 2011
Nice!!

I hit the beach this morning, but got a big fat nothing ... Just lots of 4th of July trash.

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Gold Nuggets and Terry! My beach vacation to St. Pete beach starts tomorrow!!! 5 days of relaxing and detecting and hanging out with my wife, daughter, and family! Sippin a few Coronas and HOPEFULLY plunderin some of the yella stuff!

Aaron

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice !! We hit the beach also got over $6.00 in change and junk jewelery. My hunting buddy, Ken, got a gold ring.

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw you Les :) :thumbsup:

Aaron

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a plasure meeting you Aaron. I also met new faces. I came across a couple of coin spills too. I know what you went through with that stud. That's why I fan. I ended up with 3 studs and 2 loops. Yep! Bpins also! Ya didn't get them all. Have a safe trip.

OP
OP
stpauli914

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sonny,

It was nice meeting you as well! Les, sorry, mixed you up with Tony :) Hope you all have productive weeks. I'll be home Sunday and will post my haul for the vacation!

HH,
Aaron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread