AT Pro finally got out and found gold

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup: I finally took the ATP hunting this morning at a freshwater swim area as I usually use my excellent Tiger Shark, CZ-20 or Excal 1000. When I first turned it on I thought I made a mistake bringing it. I soon learned that location had to have the frequency adjusted to F4 and sens set to 3 bars from the right. Anything more and it went crazy. But it was rock solid at my settings. First was the earring at Pro mode, zero disc in five foot of water and the earring was shallow. Next up was the small 10 kt. ring only lots deeper in the sand. Solid repeatable signal. The Pro also found a few clad coins which added up to $2.51. I might use it some more. Learned when I am wearing polarized sunglasses the display is harder to see. I didn't have any hot babes at this beach today.

Attachments

• ATP gold.jpg
    ATP gold.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 584
Upvote 0

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!! Looking forward to getting out for some yellow soon myself!

HH, Aaron

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Congratulations , nice find

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just like any other machine Sandman, ya gotta
show the ATP what you want to find....then
watch out! Congrats on the gold. Nice finds.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT pro is a killer freshwater machine.

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Great way to break in a new machine. Gold on the first time out! :icon_thumright:

mikeinOC1

Jul 3, 2006
Orange County CA
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Minelab Excalibur, Fisher CZ21
It is wonderful to see you post some finds again Sandman. I really missed all the posts & replies you used to give us all a while back.

ottawadigs

May 11, 2011
Ottawa
I have a question for you about the AT Pro

can you go underwater without the earphones and if so, does it have a light of some sort when you find a metal object?
Just asking because I know some other underwater machines have a light that lights up over a metal object and I was thinking of getting the AT Pro.

good score on the gold

happy hunting!

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on those beautiful gold finds,k Sandman!

I love that ring! :headbang:

Lorraine

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ottawadigs said:
I have a question for you about the AT Pro

can you go underwater without the earphones and if so, does it have a light of some sort when you find a metal object?
Just asking because I know some other underwater machines have a light that lights up over a metal object and I was thinking of getting the AT Pro.

good score on the gold

happy hunting!
I would not take this underwater near 10 feet, but yes you could hear the sounds but they would be fainter than if you ordered the optional waterproof phones. It does not have a light like the 1280 or cz-20 or CZ-21

Aurora64blue

Sep 25, 2009
South Eastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tiger Shark, Fisher F70, Vibra Probe 580
Nice finds Sandman:

Sure nice to see that the money you spent on that AT Pro has paid off for you.

Last week I managed to nab my 8th gold ring for the season. Not bad considering I can only do parks here in Toronto. I've got some high hopes that I may at least tie last year's record of 15 Gold rings/ 15 Silver rings. I think it may be a bit easier if I were able to some more beach hunting. But then again, I don't have to put up with the number of beach hunters like some of the guys down in Florida do. It is very uncommon for me to see any other hunter in my parks. And also, the parks always give up a fair amount of clad each time I go out for a hunt, so if we don't find any bling we still can come home happy. My clad count since May is now over $345.00. So although we may not get as many gold items as the water hunters we do tend to make some of the difference up on the clad we find.

But I gotta tell ya, I love how beautifully clean the gold rings come out of the sand, as compared to the ground. And the sights and sounds of the beach are always pleasing to the eye.

Congrats on your gold Sandman, keep 'em comin! :icon_thumright:

Ralph

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread