Got off the Phone with the WI DNR...

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II 1000 Ace 250 Whites Prizm 3
and talk about a joke. You are not allowed to detect the beach of lake superior with out a permit and the permit is only for lost items and you have to show the items to the dnr for comparison of whats on the permit if you find coins or jewelry it's not allowed the reason the woman gave me was they don't want you finding artifacts that belong to every one in the state and selling them for profit. So in other words DNR LANDS ARE OFF LIMITS !This really pi$$e$ me off >:( >:( >:(. Guess I'll head to MN and do some hunting.
drewan

Upvote 0

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is WI DNR? What township and state do you want to hunt in ? Lake Superior is a Big Lake,own by 2 Countries,3 states and a lots of towns and counties, and is an International water way controled by all Parties.So where do you want to hunt?????????

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ron lord said:
What is WI DNR?
Wisconsin Department Of Natural Resources

That Is A Crock, We have some prime grounds here that were donated to the DNR by the coal Co, Wildlife management Areas Now... Off Limits To Metal Detecting etc, etc, etc..... A big bunch of BS....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
drewan29 said:
and talk about a joke. You are not allowed to detect the beach of lake superior with out a permit and the permit is only for lost items and you have to show the items to the dnr for comparison of whats on the permit if you find coins or jewelry it's not allowed the reason the woman gave me was they don't want you finding artifacts that belong to every one in the state and selling them for profit. So in other words DNR LANDS ARE OFF LIMITS !This really pi$$e$ me off >:( >:( >:(. Guess I'll head to MN and do some hunting.
drewan

Department of Natural Resources (State Agency) - All states have the same rules to some degree. In Arizona, "State Trust Lands," are so strict that if you even have a metal detector in your car - everything gets confiscated! Here is the part that was deleted over on the other forum you posted this on -

The Obama Administration has closed more Federal land to detecting, prospecting and recreation, than ANY other Administration in the history of our Country. Look it up..

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
ron lord said:
What is WI DNR? What township and state do you want to hunt in ? Lake Superior is a Big Lake,own by 2 Countries,3 states and a lots of towns and counties, and is an International water way controled by all Parties.So where do you want to hunt?????????
Hi Ron,
The area is Superior WI in Douglas county I gave her the place and name where I want to hunt and the same answer you need a permit and you are only allowed to look for said lost items "prospecting for anything else is not allowed" that in includes coins.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Shambler said:
Sounds pretty normal to me. Most DNR rules are that way.

Laws that aren't enforceable are kind of silly, wouldn't you say? :wink:
I agree. Here I was detecting a spot that is MI DNR-E owned and it so happened that a dnr officer pulled up he was checking lake superior for fishermen he asked if I found anything I told him no which was true he kinda chuckeled and said good luck and we were all on our way but the law here states that if it's open to the public it's open to metal detecting unless posted. Fed land is OFF LIMITS! even the state park that is close to me is pretty cool I asked if I could detect the beach and lake no problem was the reply just stay in the boundries even had some state folks watching me. I didn't have to have a permit and didn't have to show them my finds.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
poorhunter78 said:
ron lord said:
What is WI DNR?
Wisconsin Department Of Natural Resources

That Is A Crock, We have some prime grounds here that were donated to the DNR by the coal Co, Wildlife management Areas Now... Off Limits To Metal Detecting etc, etc, etc..... A big bunch of BS....
It is a crock of crap'ola

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
Terry Soloman said:
drewan29 said:
drewan

Department of Natural Resources (State Agency) - All states have the same rules to some degree. In Arizona, "State Trust Lands," are so strict that if you even have a metal detector in your car - everything gets confiscated! Here is the part that was deleted over on the other forum you posted this on -

The Obama Administration has closed more Federal land to detecting, prospecting and recreation, than ANY other Administration in the history of our Country. Look it up..
I hear ya Terry don't need to look it up He hasn't done nothing but make more problems.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
watercolor said:
The reason for this can be explained in two words: "Copper Culture"
Copper Culture my rump I grew up their and the only thing I remember about Copper Culture was at a state park and it was a small exhibit on it.
They meaning the Gruberment are treating us like drug dealers and poachers by confiscating our detectors and what ever else is with us at the time BS. If it belongs to "everyone" then "everyone" should be able to metal detect for it right?

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The government is not you friend. (City, County, State, or Federal) They only want your money, then use that money against you,usually to take even more money from you.. That's my 2 cents worth.

OP
OP
drewan29

drewan29

Apr 2, 2010
Toivola,MI
Detector(s) used
herb n surf said:
The government is not you friend. (City, County, State, or Federal) They only want your money, then use that money against you,usually to take even more money from you.. That's my 2 cents worth.
agreed

DrJoePrime

Bronze Member
Sep 9, 2007
Long Beach, California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's Surfmaster Dual Field, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
herb n surf said:

Fantastic!

Do you know what an election is? Do you vote?

Unbelievable!

Sad :crybaby2:

Shambler

Aug 18, 2008
Under the Trees
Fantastic!

Do you know what an election is? Do you vote?

Unbelievable!

Sad crybaby2

Big government BAD, small government GOOD! Our country is founded on that concept and hearing about a govt confiscating finds on a treasure hunting forum is hard to defend. The DNR is not an elected organization anyway. Don't be sad, be angry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread