Virgnia Beach weekend

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• MDfindVBVjuly2011 003.JPG
    MDfindVBVjuly2011 003.JPG
    310 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:
Stayed a couple of days over on the beach and took the grandkids (3 and 4 years old). Didnt find any gold or silver, but had a good time. Saw 7 or 8 other people detecting, but I dont know how good they did.

Great Haul, AND the Grandkids! :headbang: Doesn't get much better! Congrats! :thumbsup:

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Looks like you had fun and got a lot of finds.congrats :icon_thumright: I did not go to the south of the pier so I did not see the black stuff they were spraying. I was on the beach at around the 125th street or Avenue. I worked about a half mile or a little more each way. Beautiful beach. I will have to detect there again. There are some really knowledgeable and professional detectorists there. I hope to learn half as much as some of them know about this addiction at some point in time. So rule number one is to always take time to enjoy yourself while at the beach, and if you get to take your grand kids, then I know you had a really good time...HH...Stuart

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nothing greater then family. Way to go!!! :hello2:

OP
OP
VWandSTUDEBAKER

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
search and recovery said:
Looks like you had fun and got a lot of finds.congrats :icon_thumright: I did not go to the south of the pier so I did not see the black stuff they were spraying. I was on the beach at around the 125th street or Avenue. I worked about a half mile or a little more each way. Beautiful beach. I will have to detect there again. There are some really knowledgeable and professional detectorists there. I hope to learn half as much as some of them know about this addiction at some point in time. So rule number one is to always take time to enjoy yourself while at the beach, and if you get to take your grand kids, then I know you had a really good time...HH...Stuart

Wow, you were WAY up the beach from us. I helped the kids move here from Beaufort SC (son-in-law is in the Marines) the end of Feb, but I didnt get a chance to do much because of getting sick and ending up at one of those doc-in-a-box places. Me grandauhter turned 3 on the 16, so we came up for almost two weeks. I wanted to spend some time at the beach and the only place I had really seen was the last motel on the south end. THey built a really nice kids playground. Im sure we will be back for Christmas, so I will be wanting to hunt the beach again. I know one thing, I need a better scooper !!!

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
That was my first time detecting in Virginia beach, although I love fishing Chesapeake Bay. I have to learn more about the surrounding area and beaches so I can be more efficient with my time. Buy the best water scoop you can afford. It will pay for itself many times over. Lots of good suggestions on this site.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
search and recovery said:
That was my first time detecting in Virginia beach, although I love fishing Chesapeake Bay. I have to learn more about the surrounding area and beaches so I can be more efficient with my time. Buy the best water scoop you can afford. It will pay for itself many times over. Lots of good suggestions on this site.
Its croaker time in the Chesapeake. :icon_thumleft:

kaptainkosmic

Jul 7, 2004
S.W. Michigan
Detector(s) used
CZ-20 When its Wet, Garret 1350 When its Not.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Kind of off topic

VW & Studedude,

I owned a 65 studebaker commander, thing was built like a tank! It had to be to stand a chance against me. I hit a 68? buick wildcat and totaled it (the buick). hooked a chain to the grill on the stuudy and pulled the radiator off the fan on the chevy 283 that came stock. put in a new radiator and drove it for another 2 years.

I now own a 02 diesel bug and it also is an amazing car, but guarantee that its not built like that old stuudie!! Just thought you might get a grin!

Steve :-)

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
the kids probably had a blast and you found a nice looking ring! congrats

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005