First time in the water this season

rc2125

Feb 15, 2010
Indiana/Michigan border
Detector(s) used
~ XP Deus II & Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First times out in the water for me this season, SW Michigan area ....it's obvious that it wasn't the first time for others! Had to work alot harder than "normal" for these things, it seems folks are keeping an eye on they're gold just like last season and there's a few more folks with MD's this season too. One good thing, not much metallic trash diggin, just long times between targets. Kinda get in the zombie swing mode until ya swing over a quarter.

fb29cb65.jpg

No gold, just a big copper junker(had high hopes for about a millisecond!), a tungsten carbide junker(looked good, super heavy!), another tungsten junker(triple dang!) and a maybe silver "beana"(beana?) ...better than gettin totally skunked though:
03fb4522.jpg

And one verizon Gzone cell phone
930043a3.jpg

It still works!
5edc8999.jpg

No good stuff or anything entertaining on it, dry'd it off with the shop vac, called the "my phone #" number and the happy owner show'd up late last night to pic it up. Been in the water for a day and a half, at a beach that usually rock tumbles the snot out of anything on the bottom, if ya need a waterproof phone, I'd recommend this one!

Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got good targets and thjey could have been gold. You finding those rings means someone missed them. Go back again!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great day in the Water in my book! :notworthy: Congrats on a SUPER Season Opener! :hello2: :thumbsup:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunting rfc2125; I have never found 4 rings in one hunt

You did very well :hello2:

Lorraine

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You did good . Those are some neat finds . Many times I wished I could have a day w/ the finds you just posted. Congratulations.

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, and that looks like a pretty nice scoop. I am interested in getting a better (wider) scoop, than my 5" round, long-handled stainless scoop. Can you tell me which scoop that is, and do you have a lot of trouble recovering a target in the surf?

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a good day I would be happy with the finds that you made........Matt

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a super hunt and all your rings.
People are watching what they wear to the
beaches....double dang!! Gold Nuggets :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread