OP
OP
C

casttech

Apr 20, 2009
Lonsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter Sharp shooter II, DFX300
soooo..... no one is interested. no biggy. can anyone tell me about the beaches in Panama City. are there restrictions? I will be bringing my scuba gear with md machine and also my dfx300 for beach. any information is greatly appreciated. Im excited

Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow you should have posted a couple of bobby pins and a wad of aluminum foil and you woulda got 25 replies, lol! I can't help you on that specific beach but I will gladly give you a few pointers. First, look at saltwatertides.com and look up the tide times for the beach your going to for the days(and nights) your going to be there. Plan your hunts to start at least an hour or so before the forecasted low tide time. Hunt the wet sand in front of the most expensive hotels. If you get out at least 1 low tide per day and do this you should have some nice finds by the end of your stay. If you think you might go out at the night time low tide, if it works out that way, pick up an enegizer head lamp with the elastic strap(these are available at Wal-Mart or Target with the flashlights). It goes around your head and the light sits comfortably on your forehead and has 2 red leds which won't disturb your night vision, and also has several white led's that will give you plenty of light if you need it. You will need a good long handled scoop, don't skimp, it will make or break the hunt. It needs to be sturdy and it will save your back and make recovering targets much more comfortable and quick. If you get a hand scoop or a mesh "sand scoop" you or the scoop and probably both, will wear out quickly and your hunts will be very short and likely unproductive. You will probably spend $125 to $150 for a good one but 1 good ring will pay for it and it will last you for years.You have to put in the time and cover lots of sand to get the good finds. You will find a lot of bottle caps and pull tabs but that is necessary also to get the goods. Stay the course and don't get discouraged if on your first hunt or two all you find is bottle caps pull tabs and a few coins. On my last beach trip a couple of weeks ago I had no rings on the first 3 of 5 low tides that I was going to be able to hunt. 4th low tide I got 2 rings and 5th low tide I got 3 including a 14k 9.8 gram and a silver band. So again, stay the course. Good luck and let me know how it goes, sorry no one else bothered to help. HH

ahaulil

Apr 19, 2011
North Las Vegas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the summer of 2004 my wife and I went from Sanibel Island to New Orleans over three weeks.

We stopped at Panama City beach and found it one of the dirtiest beaches in Florida. At that time running a metal detector would have been hell.

For that matter the place we stayed, places we ate and the entire experience sent us packing early.

Hopefully things have improved, but I will not be taking the chance again.

Good luck!

OP
OP
C

casttech

Apr 20, 2009
Lonsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter Sharp shooter II, DFX300
Sorry you had a bad experience. We were there in 2006 and absolutely loved the beaches, golf courses, sea food and the whole week. But, this time, Im bringing the MD'er..... awesome. I will let you know how the hunt and experience goes.

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i have detected there and it has very much trash. the water was rough so could not go in . i wouldnt go on the beach again without

a garrett machine or other that shows target size. beside the myriad regular trash there are a great number of whole buried drink cans.

even tho i have not used a garrett machine that has the target sizing , now i see what it is for. i would not return with out one .
and since i dont own one i wont be going back soon.

Jul 19, 2008
Lower Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sorry i didnt see your post sooner. i reguarly hunt PCB because its the closest beach to where i live. in spring there is alot of trash, so you will do alot of digging. i dont find a whole lot there, one of the locals told me that the sand is to soft and anything metalic will sink. i dont know if thats true but im waiting for a storm to stir things up. HH

BootleggerJim

Jan 30, 2009
SC in the ACE Basin
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT/Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II
What Ahaylil said. Trash, trash, and more trash. Never seen so many cans.....People there bury there trash right on the beach....The state park is not as bad......

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I was down there about 2 years ago and didn't find anything but trash. a local told me that dredged sand from out in the water and bring it back on shore to reuse the sand on the beach

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread