Yellow, Plat, Bling and Fun Times!

Southernstyle

Dec 17, 2010
Been kind of busy here lately. I had my sister,niece and nephew visiting here in the past month. I also met a older gentleman from Atlanta here detecting, so I dug holes with him for a week after family had to leave.

My metal detectors finally made it back from Minelab....not a good experience for me at all. Lets just say that I had a $285 bill for a detector that was 5 weeks old when they received it! My MD's have more than paid for themselves, but it will be the LAST bit of money that Minelab company ever gets from me.

OK, On with the good stuff.

Unfortunately I sent some of the gold I have found in with out taking pics of it. I was a little rushed because my Sister/kids were here and decided with gold prices the way they were to have her take a pile of gold/silver back to the states for me and mail it in to ARA.

I cannot say enough good about ARA Gold. This is my 4th time dealing with them and every time has been a great experience and my checks from them are usually a little more than I figured. Not sure how many know this but ARA will hold your gold for you and you can call them and sell whenever you feel like it. Some people have had gold sitting there for over 2 years. They are also buying stones, Diamonds at least, and there prices are average to above average. They will also wire transfer money into your account if you like or send a check. They have actually wrote my checks out to my mom at a different address that what was sent to them. My point is that they will work with you the customer and do whatever you would like them to to do.

So I found my first Plat of the year.....Finally. Then I dug a really nice (keeper) ring that is 18k/Plat with red stone and chip diamonds. I also dug a nice gold band with 8 decent sized diamonds in it. This is the 3rd band like this I have found. The first one was returned to owner here on island. The second one was sold and re made into our friends wedding band. This one is going into the non-melt pile of keepers. Found a few more normal gold bands(no pics) and found a class ring that is being returned today, will post pics of the return later. The picture that has rings laid out on table is the pile we ended up keeping that didn't get sent on to be melted. So some of these rings have been posted before individually.

All my finds come from the shoreline out to waist deep. I have friends here that MD deeper than that and they do pretty good also. So you never know where you will find it, but it is definitely better to be IN the water.

I included some fun Pics so you guys can see where and how we play here

Enjoy,
Chris

Attachments

• 8.3.11 005.JPG
    8.3.11 005.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 8.3.11 006.JPG
    8.3.11 006.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 453
  • 8.3.11 007.JPG
    8.3.11 007.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 450
  • 8.3.11 010.JPG
    8.3.11 010.JPG
    154 KB · Views: 443
  • 8.3.11 015.JPG
    8.3.11 015.JPG
    272.2 KB · Views: 438
  • class ring 017.JPG
    class ring 017.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 442
  • 125_0234.JPG
    125_0234.JPG
    311.4 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC_0136.JPG
    DSC_0136.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 446
  • DSC_0041.JPG
    DSC_0041.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC_0042.JPG
    DSC_0042.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 446
  • DSC_0190.JPG
    DSC_0190.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 429
  • jc and lauren 021.JPG
    jc and lauren 021.JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 426
Upvote 0

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on all the great finds :icon_thumright: Looks like you've got a tough life down there :tongue3: I think I would have to pass on being chummy with the ray, they creep me out!!!

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds! Love the yellow gold ring with all the diamonds. My wife just told me "Find one like THAT!"

Love the boat too :o

JedinNC

Jul 7, 2009
Topsail Island/Raleigh, N.C.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II , Nokta Legend, Equinox 600, Excal II, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's M6
Primary Interest:
Great looking bunch of rings Chris. Glad to see you back on the forum. It's always nice to get an update from the Caymans! Have you ever detected out on the sandbar at Stingray City? I've always wondered how it would be, because there are usually tons of people that go out there.

Take care,
jed

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
A fun post to read and the pics were great!!! :hello2: :hello2:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_thumleft: You have some beautiful rings there, that is a gorgeous ruby, reminds me of the one we found, same pink hues! WTG and thanks for sharing, you made my day!!! :icon_thumright: Red :hello:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice collection of rings Chris and loved
all the pictures of the area. I could just off
the top of my head, think of about 10-15
other things I would rather be chummy with
other than a ray!! LOL Gold Nuggets :hello:

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy Crap! What a haul! I'll bet all flights are packed now? :tongue3: I won't to kiss a Ray.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Hi Chris! wow you are tearing up there! That ruby ring is awesome.. I just got my first check back from dealing with ARA and I was super pleased with them. I'll definitely use them again. Congrats on all that awesome gold!

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful photos, and gorgeous finds, SS! :headbang:

Great post! Love that Platinum ring; haven't ever found one yet..

Lorraine

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread