Captain Loosechange

Nov 24, 2007
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett SeaHunter Mark II, Tesoro Stingray
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Class ring on it's way home!

Found a class ring about a week ago at Myrtle Beach. It had a full name inscribed in the band with a middle initial however there was no school name on it. I thought "No problem" the way kids are today with "social media" this will be a breeze. Not so, could not find the girl on any of those sites, googled the name and got numerous, so I matched the names with an age range of 20-22 and got 342 matches :o ,so I would look at the girls hometown and then google high schools in the area, finally got a match of the name, age, and the girl lived in North Carolina, and the first school listed in her town had a name that matched the "H.C."

Called the guidance counseler at the school and she was super nice and she called the kids parents and gave them my contact # and the next day I got a call from the girls mom. She couldn't describe the ring at all, so I asked her to kindly have the girl call me and describe the ring, I told her it wasn't that I didn't trust her but wanted to make sure I was sending the ring to the right person. The girl called me in a few minutes and described it to a T. It seems it was lost over a year ago while in the possesion of her then boyfriend. She was nice but really wasn't as excited as I would be if this happened to me, oh well maybe bad memories attached to the ring. Anyway the rings on the way back to her and thanks to all who tried to help.

Attachments

• 100_1009.JPG
    100_1009.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 100_1010.JPG
    100_1010.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_1014.JPG
    100_1014.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 314
  • 100_1026.JPG
    100_1026.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0

dirtdigger1581

Jun 18, 2011
Chesapeake, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab Excalibur II 1000, Garrett AT Pro, Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Class ring on it's way home!

Great story Captain! Whether she's excited about it or not, you did the right thing. Good on you! :hello2:

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Way to go Captain :icon_salut: I have found that people react differently to situations. She may just be shy or not know what to say. You did the right thing and that's what matters. You will be rewarded one way or another :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

Congrats on the find and return!

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

You did good . :headbang: :headbang:

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21

Maybe someday she will be mature enought to appreciate your time and effort. I know I did!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread