Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
What settings work the best has a lot to do with the Matrix of the sand (location). All of the beach's I have detected PP is deeper, sometimes as much as 6 to 8 inch's & sometimes no more the 2 inch's. And this would be wet sand to waist deep. Any Deeper, I hunt in Discriminate. The excalibur can be modified to hit much deep then stock......WOT ...Doc's treasure screamer amp....PP mode...
Good for the sanded in beach's

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you say Threshold just clicked on, I take it you are referring to running in the null correct? I thought to do this and be effective you had to max out your sensitivity? Using auto and the threshold barely clicked on won't get you much in auto sensitivity in either mode. If you are reffering to threshold being "just audible" then I would say that I do better in PP until I get past ankle deep in the saltwater then I switch to Disc.

HH,
Aaron

OP
OP
captain ack1

captain ack1

Sep 19, 2010
ack
Detector(s) used
technetics, fisher1280,excal11, whites dual field PI
ole beach nut ..that was impressive ...been there...wow..someone understands what i do at ack beaches...maybee i should move to MD...??? no just kidding..anyway thanks for your input...and a shout out to ralph...aka petersra...hope you are doing well buddy down in SC.land...to all HH :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread