8-29 hunt

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Nice bunch of clad! Better than just a penney!!! Thanks for the video.

MightyMouse

Sep 6, 2009
Weeki Wachee, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT Pro
Good Finds.....What beach? I'm still debating but i might hit Clearwater beach in the am for a bit. Haven't been to a beach detecting in years.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yeah it was pretty stormy looking everywhere that day. Cool video. Are you using the Go Pro camera? I noticed the big loop of coil wire hanging, you should pull that up tight to the shaft and tape it down. You dont want any metal near the coil, the less the better, and the the less moving around the better too. The machine will ground balance out the metal in the wire, and that is less sensitivity to find the gold. I see people all the time with their coil wire all coiled up around the shaft, and I have to think they really dont have a clue. Tighten that up and tape it down with electrical tape. You will get better sensitivity like that. Just run it up along the shaft straight, and tape it down tight. No big loop!

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
Yeah it was pretty stormy looking everywhere that day. Cool video. Are you using the Go Pro camera? I noticed the big loop of coil wire hanging, you should pull that up tight to the shaft and tape it down. You dont want any metal near the coil, the less the better, and the the less moving around the better too. The machine will ground balance out the metal in the wire, and that is less sensitivity to find the gold. I see people all the time with their coil wire all coiled up around the shaft, and I have to think they really dont have a clue. Tighten that up and tape it down with electrical tape. You will get better sensitivity like that. Just run it up along the shaft straight, and tape it down tight. No big loop!
I use the Easy Shot Clip Camera. I received it this past Christmas. It's not a great camera, but it gets the job done. Thanks for the advice about the coil wire. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
willie d

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
general said:
Nice bunch of clad! Better than just a penney!!! Thanks for the video.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread