Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
After a solid week of disappointing low tides at night, there's finally a small window for me to get out and hunt. I haven't been to the honey hole since I found that small platinum band about 2 weeks ago, so I decided to head back and hit it for a solo hunt. Since my son has school tomorrow, I left him at home sleeping.

I make it to the spot around 1am and hit the water immediately. No sense messing around right? The first couple of targets turn out to be 500 yen coins... fresh drops. Gotta love those $6 coins.

My first ring of the night was a small silver one. Nothing fancy, so I pocket it and move on. A little while later, I hear a strong high tone and proceed to unearth a rather large wide band ring. At first glance I thought it was gold, as it came out of the sea in perfect shape. I turn the white light on and hunt for any kind of stamping, but see absolutely nothing. Too bad?. That sucker was HEAVY.

I pull more 500 yen coins from the swimming area, and I lost count of how many I had. My record for one hunt was 7, and I figure I'm getting pretty close to that in such a short time.

About half way through the hunt I managed another 2 silver rings within close proximity of one another. One is obviously older than the other with all the growth and crust on it. Not bad either way... it all melts down one way or another right?

As the night wears on, I had a mental stop time of 3am. I gotta work in the morning ya know. At 2:40am I get this high tone near the shallow part of the swimming area. Not a big deal... I was expecting another 100 yen coin to surface, but instead there was a nice new looking wedding band in the bottom of the scoop amongst all the shells and rocks.

As I pull it out, I feel the heft of it... WOW! it's HEAVY. and that can only mean 2 things... 18k gold or platinum. Either way I knew it was a money maker, so I shoved it in the goody bag and turned my machine off. There's no sense in trying to out do that ticket. I just called it quits while I was ahead and packed my butt to the car.

At home I take a closer look at that ring. Pt950

Zanpa007-1.jpg

Here's the take for the night:
5,214 yen $69
3 silver rings 11.5 grams
1 junker ring
1 Pt950 band 6 grams

With the tides being cooperative for the next few days, I might have to go back for another hunt. I really want this honey hole to cough up a nice fat yellow gold ring... But it ain't doing too bad on the Platinum lately though. 2 trips and 2 platinum.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. I hope everyone finds a little gold in their scoop.

Happy Hunting...
Nate

Zanpa001-4.jpg

Zanpa005-3.jpg

Zanpa006-1.jpg

Zanpa008-1.jpg

Upvote 0

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on some wonderful finds! I gotta find me a place like that.

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks N2CU... I've been really itching to get back in the water this last week. With these lower tide levels at night, it creates a great opportunity for me. I hope you're doing well too in your searches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread