Day 5 at Myrtle

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, after the 4 ring day even though I had high hopes it never turned out as well but it was an interesting day none the less. I was up at 3 am for low tide and worked in the dark like a stumbling idiot but found some neat stuff. Glasses, an earring, shell casing (WWII Practice range at Myrtle?) and a heavy lump of black encrusted I don't know what.

Later in the morning, the wife and I hit a different section of the beach up the road and didn't do to well but I managed to pick up what I thought was a quarter but turned out to be a Ripley's token for the arcade and a hoop earring.

Back out again at 3pm for the 4 pm low tide and decided to try the Sand Shark in the normal mode... I had been using it in VCO and thought that now would be a good time to test it in normal. I was hitting the same beach I had found the 4 rings and wasn't sure I'd find anything with how hard I hit it yesterday. In the normal mode, I worked even slower than I thought was slow...could be cause my body is sore from 6-8 hours a day detecting... I hit more clad than I had normally at this part of the beach and then got two of my goals again all in one find. I picked up a set of dog tags with a girls class ring... So now the search will be on to find the owner so I can return them.

Only have two goals left for this week... Platinum and big gold with lots of large diamonds.... only 2 1/2 days left so I have to try to hold out physically...

Time for some recuperative sleep, 4 am is a short ways away....

Cliff

Attachments

• IMG_0208sm.jpg
    IMG_0208sm.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_0210sm.jpg
    IMG_0210sm.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 473
Upvote 0

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting post, cdv1....and nice hunting :headbang:

Good luck on your next hunting adventure

Lorraine

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
That sounds like some good hunts. At this pace you'll make your goal by the end of the vacation if you hold up.

Take a small handful of aspirin and wash it down with a couple of 5-hour energy shots... you'll be alright :laughing7:

OP
OP
cdv1

cdv1

Jun 29, 2011
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Bobbypins said:
That sounds like some good hunts. At this pace you'll make your goal by the end of the vacation if you hold up.

Take a small handful of aspirin and wash it down with a couple of 5-hour energy shots... you'll be alright :laughing7:

Might have to try that one......

:-)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cdv1 said:
Bobbypins said:

Might have to try that one......

:-)

I can SMELL that big gold and ice!!! Your aches and pains will disappear - poof! - when it winks at you from the scoop! Keep Rockin! :headbang: :hello2: :notworthy:

Coastie59

Mar 13, 2011
NC Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal ll, ATPRO,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good hunt, cool finds....keep at it!!!

NC Iron Man

Apr 28, 2010
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Ace 250
Break that big black encrusted thing open and see what is inside. You're in a great area at MB. good luck on your goal!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions