Hats Off to Treasure Hunter

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yes, I tried his recomendation and put a 15" x 12" SEF coil on my Excal and it was a be-atch swinging it in chest deep water with some wave action, and changed it out before I went out again. My arm was sore from 6 hours of swinging that big coil. It was great on the beach, but in the water I went with the stock coil. My hat is off to Treasure Hunter!!! Keep swinging it Pop Eye!

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the surf, when I swing the WOT coil to the right, I go left! When I swing it left, I go right. Not sure the coil is ever moving? :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigscoop said:
In the surf, when I swing the WOT coil to the right, I go left! When I swing it left, I go right. Not sure the coil is ever moving? :laughing7:
:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter and I use the Swingy Thingy which is like a bungee cord from your neck to the detector shaft to keep the weight off the arm. You can easiely make your own with a cord from your neck to the control box to support the weight and just let it hang there. Popey arms not needed.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
Treasure Hunter and I use the Swingy Thingy which is like a bungee cord from your neck to the detector shaft to keep the weight off the arm. You can easiely make your own with a cord from your neck to the control box to support the weight and just let it hang there. Popey arms not needed.

The weight isn't the problem. I carry the control box on my waist and I can swing the WOT all day with no problem. The problem starts once I'm in the surf, once I start swinging all the extra surface area of the larger coil against the currents. That's when the Popeye arms come into play. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread