Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Well, the night's hunt wasn't everything that I hoped for, but it still turned out well.

My friend Ron and I got together for a late night hunting trip and I brough my son along so we could conquer as much land as possible. He's still in the learning phase of detecting, and the finds are meager for him... but that's due to his inexperience. He's catching on though.

We started off at Gold coin beach (the real beach names I'll keep hidden). Unfortunately we arrived at high tide, and there wasn't really that much beach to hunt. I still managed to find about 700 yen in fresh drops while my buddy Ron pounded the small silver charms and pendants. Good job buddy.

We moved to Money Beach after about 2 hours. We couldn't stay long at this one due to obligations, but we gave it a good hard hunt for about an hour. This beach was dramatically different since the last time I've hunted there. This last typhoon that came through really moved a LOT of sand around, and regrettably, it covered a LOT of the easy stuff up. I still managed about 1,000 yen or so in the short time, along with a junker ring.

Overall, not a bad hunt.... AVERAGE by all accounts.

Here's the booty:

1,850 yen -- $24
1 junker ring

I had to finally empty the trash bag I keep in the car. It got HEAVY with all those bits of trash. Don't be fooled, there's a sh!tload of bottle caps and stainless steel washers (those give that awesome low tone on the excal).

I wasn't planning on posting tonights hunt, so not everything is in the pictures... but you get the idea ;)

As always... thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my plunder. Best of luck to everyone!!!!

Nate

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

005-1.jpg

004-4.jpg

Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a lot of trash.....you should send the city a bill for clean up.

DaleGM

Aug 21, 2009
Sacramento Cailifonia
Detector(s) used
V3i DFX MXT Excal II D2 6x10 950 4x6 & dx-1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
saved alot of fish and kids feet on those hunts,it sure dont matter what coastline your on the trash sure is plentiful, nice score on the coins!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread