Another Hurricane? Is there an angle to shoreline that is better then others

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like we may have a storm headed our way that might stir up the sand and help us find some stuff, but I have to admit I am really hoping it stays a tropical storm and not become a bad hurricane. :(

Is there an angle of direction for a storm to hit the shore line that causes more beach errosion then others? I have a long weekend hunt already planned for this weekend. Have already got the Tuesday after Labor day off, plus the following Friday, I may add to it depending on the storm.

Upvote 0

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Another Hurricane?

This ones doing a repeat of Floyd (1999), lots of good treasure will be found along the treasure coast with this one. I just want to remind everyone who is going to hit the Space and Treasure Coast beaches during the storm to exercise extreme caution in the surf.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response Wreck. At the moment it is looking like it is going to make run up the Florida east coast line. I am new at this, MD, not hurricanes, ::) and was curious if there was an angle to shoreline that causes more erosion then others. If it parallels the coast it would seem to me to open up a lot more of the beach. Just hope they don't close the bridges, or if the do, not for long.

Personally, I, and I am sure most are hoping its remains a tropical storm and not another ^%$**&*##&$** hurricane. I want to hunt, but I sure as heck dont want to have to board up my windows AGAIN, or replace my roof AGAIN. Last roof cost me $11,000 and change and insurance only covered $7000 of it. >:(

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what Floyd did in 99, and lots of treasure was revealed ;D. I will ride this one out at my house, three blocks from the beach on the Barrier Island. And don't get me going about the insurance companies. I got dropped effective the 9th of September, and will have no problem filing a claim in the last act of defiance. The new insurance is costing about $1,500 more than my current policy. >:(

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch, mine went up, but not as much as yours. I, unfortunately only have access to the beachs via the bridges.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
wreckdiver1715 said:
That's what Floyd did in 99, and lots of treasure was revealed ;D.
I believe David in the eighties did the same. Frances and Jeanne of 2004 stripped these beaches down!! :o I dont know if Ernesto can do the same, but may throw something up.

NEW Ernesto landfall targets Homestead, then a trek north over Miami & Fort Lauderdale
South Florida was blanketed with hurricane watches as Tropical Storm Ernesto was projected to make what would amount to a direct hit, with landfall near Homestead, either late Tuesday night or early Wednesday morning, and then tracking north over Miami and Fort Lauderdale.

Broward schools closed Tuesday; Dade shut Tuesday & Wednesday
Palm Beach County schools closed on Tuesday, possibly Wednesday, too

Attachments

• Ernesto over Cuba.jpg
    Ernesto over Cuba.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 223

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
I'm hoping that everything works out like it should, that noone has major damage to their property, and that I can convince the wife that it could possibly be beneficial to our bottom line for me to sneak out and head down that way at the end of this week. I have always wanted to search down there, and since I was able to get my Excalibur, this should be a good time to try...

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I am anxious to get out myself for the first time in a while. I am ready with my new Headhunter Pulse Induction. I have food, water jugs, batteries and supplies. My problem right now is gas. People are taking this seriously. The lines are over 1- 1/2 hour wait here now. I will try in the morning.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I've never been down that way, I'm a treasure hunter at heart as well and I can tell you the temptation would be HUGE for me to want to get the first crack at the beaches down there. That said, you all be careful and don't risk your lives for a little bit of $ and fame.

Of course I also want to hear the stories and see the pics of all your finds too :)

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My #***##%@$$@*$## boss want let me off of work Thurs or Friday.... :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:(

Company has no clue what my idea of my priorities should be.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like it may Fizzle out into a Rain Event.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cap Z. said:
Okay Big C.

Are you headed to which stretch of the Treasure Coast?

Cap Z.
The storm may never reach Treasure Beach. I will wait and watch for now. Gas lines are now hours long. Ft. Lauderdale people are funny. 200mph winds devastate South Miami (Andrew), but no one is concerned. Last years 100mph direct hit (Wilma), and everyone goes into a panic.

If I go, it will be after the storm passes here. I like to park my Silver Mazda at Sea Grape Trail (Corrigans) and walk south. I am using a HeadHunter PI. I may also park at 17st Vero Beach and work Rio Mar or walk to Sandy Point (a long walk).
If nothing, I will go to Colored Beach, Ft. Pierce. I just play it by ear. If I go, I can give you my cell phone number.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll just have to wait and see what happens.It'll organize and restrenghthen after it crosses the mountains of Cuba later tonight and hits open water.We'll know more in the morning.I just hope I don't lose power.I need my A/C! :) .I'll check in tommorrow.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to the Weather Channel, it may become a Hurricane
by the time it Reaches The Carolinas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread