RE: Florida Beaches Closed....so no need

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RE: Florida Beaches Closed....so no need

to metal detect them...
if planning on hunting them...they will check your detector and remove the batteries.
so please...stay at home and listen for futher broadcasts.
The beaches will re=open this weekend...

Sorry to break the beach news... ;)
and with a face like that...it's gotta be true. aaarrrhhhh !!!

Trez

Upvote 0

Ocaliman

Apr 21, 2006
Ocala, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Trez,

I heard that they closed the beaches due to Elvis and the Loch Ness Monster flying in on a flying saucer, and would need beach space to land... Any truth to that? ::)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trez said:
to metal detect them...
if planning on hunting them...they will check your detector and remove the batteries.
so please...stay at home and listen for futher broadcasts.
The beaches will re=open this weekend...

Sorry to break the beach news... ;)
and with a face like that...it's gotta be true. aaarrrhhhh !!!

Trez
Yes,yes this is very true! Stay home and be safe,it's dangerous out there right after a storm.It's a time to protect your families and not worry about treasure hunting,the beach will still be there.Wait till the weekend. ;D

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, you guys are absolutely right. Don't even bother reading my other posts on this whole storm thing. It's far to DANGEROUS to be out on the beach. I'm old, senile, brain damaged from the Corps, I don't know what I'm talking about. PLEASE stay home, I don't want to see any of you get hurt. OK guys, how'd I do!! ::)

Silver Striker

Aug 2, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
This is a joke, right? They are actually going to close the beaches for a 50-60 mph, unorganized tropical storm? Surely you jest. I can't even believe that some people are evacuating for this one. All I've done is thrown a couple of extra ice trays in the freezer and I seriously doubt that I will need them. However, I live 7 miles inland and our power lines are underground here, so power outs aren't likely. I rode out Wilma here and it was a breeze (pun intended ;D). SS

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wreckdiver1715 said:
LOL, you tell em Trez. See ya on the beach!

Wreckdiver...
I gots the feeling it be a dud..........
hopes me wrong and she blows hard......

Trez

Good luck if you go....

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea ernesto is kinda breaking up. bummer. maybe the next one

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Silver Striker said:
I rode out Wilma here and it was a breeze (pun intended ;D). SS

Wished Wilma was a breeze down here. I had $18,000 worth of damage to my house from her. We got the eye of the storm.

Ernesto is a dud. Put up my shutters and secured everything. Better be safe than sorry. I'll just leave the panels up until the end of October now, just take a few off for some light in the house.

Went to the beach just before sunset to look at the ocean and it doesn't seem like it's gonna be enough to "stir" things up. :-[ I'll find out Friday morning!

Find your share!

HH 8) surfrat

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Storm?
What storm?
I’m not going to get sand in my sandwich again am I?

Silver Striker

Aug 2, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
Well, I'm still going to drive down there on Thursday morning and hunt near Wabasso, assuming that I can get over to beachside. I need the practice. The fewer of you experts that show up, the better for me. And Surfrat, I didn't mean to downplay Wilma. If I remember correctly, we got like 60 or 65 mph winds from that one, but nothing like you guys got down there. However, I survived Jeanne, so I can relate. What I meant to say is that Ernesto is a joke compared to Wilma, Charley, Frances and Jeanne. I'm sorry to hear about your damage losses. SS

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just kidding...........
but when I got there this morning......they were actually closed....all IRC access's.
I spoke with "Johnny Law" and they said there are no plans to open them today.
Now, in all my years of hunting these beaches.....it gets worse each year as far as them closing them.
It drives me to my highest blood pressure levels when they do this......they make it harder and harder for anyone to get to the beach during these times...not that it has ever stopped me before, but gosh damnit enough is enough. Public access's should remain open to the public, it's the beach for gosh sakes.....

Trez

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
Silver Striker said:
Well, I'm still going to drive down there on Thursday morning and hunt near Wabasso, assuming that I can get over to beachside. I need the practice. The fewer of you experts that show up, the better for me. And Surfrat, I didn't mean to downplay Wilma. If I remember correctly, we got like 60 or 65 mph winds from that one, but nothing like you guys got down there. However, I survived Jeanne, so I can relate. What I meant to say is that Ernesto is a joke compared to Wilma, Charley, Frances and Jeanne. I'm sorry to hear about your damage losses. SS

Silver, I know you weren't downplaying Wilma. You guys have your fair share up there too!
Went to the beach this a.m. to look at it before work. Winds are gusting to about 37mph. Looks like enough to "stir" things up!!

Hope it calms down and clears up by Friday when I can get out!!

Find your Share!!

HH 8) surfrat

Silver Striker

Aug 2, 2006
Melbourne, Florida
Trez said:
I was just kidding...........
but when I got there this morning......they were actually closed....all IRC access's.
I spoke with "Johnny Law" and they said there are no plans to open them today.
Now, in all my years of hunting these beaches.....it gets worse each year as far as them closing them.
It drives me to my highest blood pressure levels when they do this......they make it harder and harder for anyone to get to the beach during these times...not that it has ever stopped me before, but gosh damnit enough is enough. Public access's should remain open to the public, it's the beach for gosh sakes.....

Trez

I'm not familiar with that term, Trez. What does IRC stand for? Are the causeways closed or the public beaches or both? Please keep me updated, as I still plan to hunt on Thursday, if I can get down there. If the causeways are open, I'll find a way to get to the beach. There's more than one way to skin a cat. SS

OP
OP
Trez

Trez

May 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IRC - Indian River County
Causeways are all open.............
It was just the beach access's that were closed...this morning.
Everything should be open tomorrow

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver Striker said:
What I meant to say is that Ernesto is a joke compared to Wilma, Charley, Frances and Jeanne. I'm sorry to hear about your damage losses. SS
Charley, Frances, and Jeanne did extensive damage, but still no comparison to a Cat 4 or 5. :( Category 1 or 2 Wilma is a joke, compared to Cat 5 Andrew that hit far south Miami, but it opened some eyes. I hate to put it this way, but Wilma was a good warning of worse to come.
Ernesto is a dud..

Attachments

• ernestofizzles.gif
    ernestofizzles.gif
    86.5 KB · Views: 301

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread