my detector was stolen!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

DewGuru

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OUCH!! Check the pawn shops in and around your area. Yellow Page em and make the calls in a day or so. Hate to hear it! Damn scumbags.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very disturbing to hear

Sorry ..... seeker...you were doing well also.............................did they break the window? .........you have a backup?

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to read that your detector, etc. were stolen, Chuck. That is terrible!

I hope you can track down and retrieve your detector soon.

Lorraine

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Make sure you file a police report a serial #, my buddy runs a pawn shop here, they have a whole shelving unit for police holds. what ever they buy, every # is sent to the sheriffs every day.... hope ya get lucky.

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chuck That really sucks,I had the same thing happen to me about 6 years ago.They broken my back truck window to get in,They got off with my Excal ,And a SW 357,Ill keep an eye open for ya over here on this side.Hope ya get it back or the fags that took it. :angry4:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
knowing which city it was might help a lot.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By law Pawn shop can't put it out for resale for 60 Days,but S.O. can check all Pawn shop State wide now through a online system set up for thefts,but you have to keep checking with the S.O.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about this. As was said check the local pawn shops and Craig Lists. If it was stolen from where you work if could have been a co-worker too.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you can bet it was someone who knew you and where you work and that it would be in your truck

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My field is Security and I've kept a Fisher metal detector in my truck numerous times but concealed under a movers blanket and an old bedspread to lessen the vibration that can rattle a detector to pieces in case I chance upon a detecting opportunity. Photos shown are that of a Electric Pencil that can still be found at Harbor Freight for about $10.00. If you buy something that you will keep for eternity then engrave your Driver's License number with the state either under the battery lid or on the aluminum shaft. On guns, I use those address sticky labels you get free in the mail from time to time. Take the grips off and stick a label on the inside of the grip. Usually those labels have your name and address on them. You can stick one under the battery lid of the metal detector too. During hurricane season, I stuck those things on everything I considered valuable in case a tornado sucked everything out. Most thieves don't take the time to take something apart to see if there is ID hidden. They need money and fast.
There was a reason that a thief breaks into a vehicle is because they looked into the vehicle and saw something valuable enough to break into the vehicle. Out of sight, out of mind. Leave your golf clubs or metal detector on the back seat of a car, your wife's handbag on the seat, a GPS on the windshield or dash are graven invitation for car thieves to Smash and Grab.
Never leave your car running as you dash into a store for a minute or you might find yourself on foot.
The economy sucks and crime is rampant so as a consumer you must be on constant alert. I hope someone finds your metal detector :thumbsup:

Attachments

• MVC-024S.JPG
    MVC-024S.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 582
  • MVC-025S.JPG
    MVC-025S.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 595

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FLauthor said:
My field is Security and I've kept a Fisher metal detector in my truck numerous times but concealed under a movers blanket and an old bedspread to lessen the vibration that can rattle a detector to pieces in case I chance upon a detecting opportunity. Photos shown are that of a Electric Pencil that can still be found at Harbor Freight for about $10.00. If you buy something that you will keep for eternity then engrave your Driver's License number with the state either under the battery lid or on the aluminum shaft. On guns, I use those address sticky labels you get free in the mail from time to time. Take the grips off and stick a label on the inside of the grip. Usually those labels have your name and address on them. You can stick one under the battery lid of the metal detector too. During hurricane season, I stuck those things on everything I considered valuable in case a tornado sucked everything out. Most thieves don't take the time to take something apart to see if there is ID hidden. They need money and fast.
There was a reason that a thief breaks into a vehicle is because they looked into the vehicle and saw something valuable enough to break into the vehicle. Out of sight, out of mind. Leave your golf clubs or metal detector on the back seat of a car, your wife's handbag on the seat, a GPS on the windshield or dash are graven invitation for car thieves to Smash and Grab.
Never leave your car running as you dash into a store for a minute or you might find yourself on foot.
The economy sucks and crime is rampant so as a consumer you must be on constant alert. I hope someone finds your metal detector :thumbsup:
People that lose their jobs don't go stealing, Its the same theifs that never had a job. The economy just gives them an excuse. I know sometimes good people get desperate, but its rare when a good person becomes a criminal.

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As others have mentioned, keep a keen eye on craigslist, ebay & the pawn shops. If you spot what you believe to be your unit, don't do anything fast. First, make sure you obtain the serial number on your detector from where you purchased it or from through the manufacturer...if possible. Unless you already have some markings on it somewhere, this may be the only way to prove the unit is yours if it comes down to it.

Hate to say it, but, IMO 99.99% of the time when things are robbed from cars, it's normally some junkie looking for something to steal & sell for a few bucks on the street to buy some drugs. If that's the case, your detector will probably be sold for fifty bucks or something to someone in a down-trodden community where most of these types of s*@mbags do 'business'.

You weren't injured nor was your car taken, so, look at the bright side...although it's a hassle, the detector & other stuff can be replaced :thumbsup:

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote from Flauthor:
"There was a reason that a thief breaks into a vehicle is because they looked into the vehicle and saw something valuable enough to break into the vehicle"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I learned my lesson about 3 yrs. ago when I placed a silver crucifix with chain( which I had found on a beach ) around my rear view mirror.

One afternoon on a detecting adventure, as I returned to my car, I found the passenger window smashed to pieces, and the crucifix/chain gone. :'(

Car was parked on street in full view of passersby.

Won't do that again

Lorraine

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) File the police report.
2) Let the manufacture know, provide the serial number.

If the unit ever gets sent in to be serviced the manufacture will be aware that it is a stolen item and "they should" hold it for the authorities. I know a guy who got a machine back this way. Sure worth a shot. :thumbsup:

gold fever pete

Jun 1, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if anyone else does it, but I took my detectors to the mall at one of those fast fix places that fix glasses,watches and misc. stuff. They also etch. just tell them what you want etched on your detector and they do it. When the scum bags try and sell it your name,ss number or whatever you put on it will tell the pawn shop that this is not theirs. I just put my drivers license number and name on it..HH All

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread