Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Gulf Coast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a beach for a few hours this evening ... Highlight of the hunt is the Cross, stamped 1/20th 12k GFCT. Not much gold there, but hey, gold is gold.

This hunt had to be cut a bit short due to the short comings of a tourist.

As I was hunting, I noticed a stone fly past me. Then another, so I pivot, just in time to see an :nono: toss another stone, which hit me in the side of the head, then notice him quickly turn away, as if he did not do it. I go his direction, right to his face, and instruct him that this hit was free -- the next one, would earn him a trip to the hospital to have my size 12 removed from his rear end

Needless to say ... The punk took a swing, missing ... I ducked, drop my detector, and commenced to giving him a southern style lesson in proper beach etiquette with a right, then a left. He dropped to the ground, and then tried to low blow me, which ended up with the RTG scoop to his forehead.

I'd venture to say the lesson he learned today won't soon be forgotten.

I tossed him my rag and told em to apply pressure to the gaping wound in his head and left.

Happy Hunting.

Attachments

• 0910 001.jpg
    0910 001.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 604
  • 0910 005.jpg
    0910 005.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 605
Upvote 0

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to hear you had trouble....but love the ending. :headbang: :headbang: :icon_pirat: :headbang: :headbang:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wholey Krap DG!!!! :icon_pirat: Glad you are OK! I'm sitting here shaking just thinking about your experience! What a freaking moron. He absolutely earned his stiches. :notworthy:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thing You didn't Have My AP Digger!!!! :laughing9: :laughing9: Sweet ending!!!! Be safe, Find lots of Gold, And Kick butt When Needed!!! Chug

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay Ray, how come you have all the Fun? LOL

COTTON

Apr 28, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can I getta hell ya. :thumbsup: Ray did ya hurt your scoop any :tongue3:

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sure glad to hear your OK. Was this witnessed by anyone? I am thinking you may want to call and report the incident to the police so that if anything comes up and this scumbag decides to file a report, you are in the clear. Once again, glad to hear your OK and this dirtbag got what he deserved!!!

:notworthy:

Aaron

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[mod] Terms of Use Violation! Substituting foul language with symbols doesn't really disguise the foul language. Some words are worse than others. You picked the worst ones and went way overboard [/mod]

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some peoples kids...they just never got a good lesson on
proper beach etiquette and getting along with others......
until recently. Well done Dew! Sorry you had to waste your
detecting time to show some punk some manners, but he
will probably remember that lesson for quite a while. BTW...
I see you are still collecting the "lobe" artifacts. LOL
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Good to hear your OK, Shame you had to deal with these types, Do watch your back for awhile..Sometimes they like to circle back with there friends, specially since you left the mark of the Pirate on his sweet little face....And Congrads on all the nice stuff you have dug this summer..Very nice haul..........

MetroChef

Dec 19, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Need to get one of those , soon !!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:nono: are everywhere >:(,
But !
You got to love a happy ending :laughing9:
HH Metro

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You are MUCH nicer than I am. I wouldn't have given him the rag, sand in the wound would have been more in line. I hate punks!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Assault is still assault. File a report, including the time and location.

Prefer charges if punkie says anything.

Glad you realized you had a means of self-defense handy. :wink:

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuberale said:

Tuber, please tell me you're kidding. In this case, assault is NOT assault!!! It was a case of simple self defense. When some :nono: is gunning rocks at a person, there's the potential for major injury :sign13: As others have mentioned, I'd say dew went easy on the guy - the moron WAS still breathing after all. Dew even gave him a warning after the first strike...which was more than I would have done. Two thumbs up buddy :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
njnydigger said:
Tuberale said:

Tuber, please tell me you're kidding. In this case, assault is NOT assault!!! It was a case of simple self defense. When some :nono: is gunning rocks at a person, there's the potential for major injury :sign13: As others have mentioned, I'd say dew went easy on the guy - the moron WAS still breathing after all. Dew even gave him a warning after the first strike...which was more than I would have done. Two thumbs up buddy :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
I think he meant Dew was assaulted with the rock. :dontknow:

NC Iron Man

Apr 28, 2010
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Ace 250
Holy crap. Be careful out there. As was mentioned in a previous reply, sometimes they circle back with friends. There was once a time when i would throw down with anyone - until i learned the hard way their friends sometimes carry knives...

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
njnydigger said:
Tuberale said:

I think he meant Dew was assaulted with the rock. :dontknow:

If I misinterpreted tuberales response wrong, I apologize. I just get so hot-headed reading this stuff. I'm sure we all of stories of this stuff happening to us - me included. So, anytime one of us is provoked and/or threatened, I make it well known that the hunter did nothing wrong in defending him/herself.

P.S. - IMHO, I'd say forget filing any police reports or any of that crap. You'd just be opening a potential can of worms if you catch my drift ;) Maybe just avoid that beach for a few weeks if possible :thumbsup: Or as us Italians are so fond of saying, maybe lay-low or hit the mattresses for a while :laughing7:

Killer Angel

Jan 17, 2011
SW Florida
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Excal, Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, on my beach they throw coins. Some throw quarters! Rich fools! Now you have to get one of those Bio Hazzard stickers for your scoop! Glad you're OK.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread