s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: ARA, for the first time went AWESOME!!!

Good foy you. Just ordered an AT Pro for the wife. Expecting UPS to show up ant minute now so we can head out to a local swimming hole for her to try it out. Thanks for the info. Trying to hoard our finds but if I ever need to sell it's good to know their are honest buyers available.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

I was under the impression that the AT Pro wasnt waterproof, and/or/ wasnt for use in saltwater. But I have never used one. Better check first.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

stevemc said:
I was under the impression that the AT Pro wasnt waterproof, and/or/ wasnt for use in saltwater. But I have never used one. Better check first.
The AT Pro is fully submersible up to 10 feet they say, but the standard headphones that come with it aren't. They have an optional headphones for that. Of course I doubt it would work too well in the saltwater but I don't own one so who knows. Should be great for fresh shallow water.

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just to straighten up the facts on the AT Pro it does work well in Saltwater as long as you ground balance it. I have found around 20 pieces of gold this summer in saltwater beaches with the at pro. It's not a excal but it does the job. :icon_thumright:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AT pro works in saltwater.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lonelyduckhunter said:
Just to straighten up the facts on the AT Pro it does work well in Saltwater as long as you ground balance it. I have found around 20 pieces of gold this summer in saltwater beaches with the at pro. It's not a excal but it does the job. :icon_thumright:
:thumbsup:
lookindown said:
AT pro works in saltwater.
:thumbsup:

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II

Sent in a couple 14K gold chains and some 10K small rings plus about 5 Oz's of silver to ARA this summer. The most I was offered in my area was $275.00, ARA gave me over $750.00 which was more then my estimate. Took two weeks round trip but was way more then worth the Wait. Great people to do business with. Rick :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions