Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whatever gets the job done
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My brother Phillip came to visit me here in Okinawa, and I’ve been trying to get out detecting with him as much as possible over this last week. It’s been tough with trying to make it to work, and still manage my son with his school, homework, dinner…. Yadda yadda yadda. But we’ve managed to get out a few days this last week regardless of what’s been going on.

He got a nasty sunburn his first day here, and he’s been dealing with that all week long. But when it comes to detecting, he’s a real trooper and puts up with the pain. His back looks like a lobster!!! I feel for him… I know that’s gotta hurt.

Since he is leaving on Monday, we gave it one last go round tonight. The low tide was at 3:30am, so we were on our way to the beach a little after 2am. I decided that tonight I was going to change my tactics a little… and focus more on the shallow water up to waist deep. I didn’t want to go any deeper this trip.

On our way to the beach we talked about what the goal was for tonight. Phillip wanted to find a platinum ring… or at least he was wanting to see one of us find one. I wasn’t picky… all I wanted was one keeper gold or platinum ring and 2,000 yen. That’s not asking much :laughing9: :laughing9:

So we arrive at the beach, get a great parking spot, and find ourselves unpacking the car with a light sprinkle coming down. I’m not worried about that, as I’ve got completely waterproof equipment. But at least with dreary weather, the likelihood of seeing anyone walking around the beach would be miniscule. I didn’t feel like playing charades tonight.

We hit the dry sand for a few minutes… scoring a few hundred yen and about a dozen pull tabs. I jump in the water and started working the ankle deep water. The first target came after hunting only 10 feet. One scoop had it out of the ground, and I see this fancy silver ring…. And once I pulled it out of the scoop, I knew it was Platinum.

I call Phillip over so he could see it in the scoop, and we did a few fist bumps over this modest find. I like platinum mind you… but I really like the yellow gold.

We continue hunting our own areas of the beach, and I find myself making sweeps across the length of the beach…. Getting deeper and deeper until I was at my waist deep limit. From that point I decided to head deeper for the remaining 30 minutes we were to be there.
I work a few tough targets from the ground, finding that spending 10 minutes on a hole to get a measly 10 yen out really isn’t worth the effort. I really need to learn the subtle audio differences in the coinage for instances like this.

The next signal is a banger…. Loud, and from what I could tell, was relatively shallow. Once deep scoop ensured I snagged it on the first attempt, and as I was pawing the rocks and shells from the scoop, I see a large mans ring. My first impression was silver…. But I found myself almost fainting when I plucked this one from the scoop… HEAVY.

I turn my white light on and started looking for markings… and I see what I was looking for… Pt900. Incredible. Not only did I find what I said I was wanting on our trip down,… but I found TWO of em!
Since it was getting close to time to go… I hollered at Phillip and told him it was time to go. He asked if I found something good… and I said… “Yep. And there isn’t any way I’m going to beat it, so we just need to go.”

So here’s the take for the night:

2,430 Yen -- $32
Silver pendant
2 crapper rings
2 Pt900 rings 15.5 grams

Thanks for stopping by

Zanpa002-5.jpg

Zanpa003-4.jpg
Zanpa005-5.jpg

Zanpa009-1.jpg

Zanpa008-2.jpg

Upvote 0

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeepers, you are doing TERRIFIC over there :headbang: Got a spare bed? :laughing7: Very nice rings. Your clad counts are through the roof as well...$32 in clad is AMAZING!!!

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extraordinary! Fantastic! Stunning! Beautiful!!....I could go on and on, but you get the idea :headbang:

Congratulations on that gorgeous "double header", Bobbypins :hello2:

Lorraine

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Lorrain. said:
Extraordinary! Fantastic! Stunning! Beautiful!!....I could go on and on, but you get the idea :headbang:

Congratulations on that gorgeous "double header", Bobbypins :hello2:

Lorraine

Thanks Lorraine. It's not often that I get a nice payday like that. I'm just trying to find some nice yellow with some ice. Seems you've been doing well lately.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Pt rings Bobbypins. How did your brother
do? Hope he had some good luck too. HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
Bobbypins

Bobbypins

May 31, 2008
Okinawa, Japan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Gold Nuggets said:
Nice Pt rings Bobbypins. How did your brother
do? Hope he had some good luck too. HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:

My brother did ok by my standards... about 1,500 yen. He didn't find a ring this time out, but came away with a HONKER silver one the first trip out (19 grams). My averages for detecting work out to be around 2,000 yen per trip. He fell into that category, and he was using a whole different machine and wading in the water to boot. Talk about a fish out of water!!! He did admirably though.

surfnturf

Feb 28, 2010
East/West Coast
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATX, Excal II-10/WOT, E-TRAC
Stealth 720i hybrd
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super! Two Plats!!!!! Fantastic hunt!!! :o

detectahead

Silver Member