s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wifes AT Pro got here yesterday. It seems like a really nice machine. We took it to a couple of parks today and she scored some coins.
We are leaving for the Beach on Monday. What settings do you At users use at the beach? Do you go with the factory presets? Standard? Pro or custom?
She's just getting to know this machine and any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

tabjunkie

Greenie
Aug 22, 2010
Delaware
Detector(s) used
whites dfx,at pro,ace250
hey shooter, I like to go with the pro mode all metal and max the iron disc. you do have to make sure you ground
balance for the dry sand and then rebalance when you hit the wet sand and water. I like to auto balance and then bring it
down a few numbers using the manual balance. Also it seems I have to drop the sensitivity to 2 or 3 blocks to keep it from
falsing all the time. The At Pro goes deep for me in the sand but most finds are in the 6 to 7 inch range. I also like how quiet the machine is until it picks up something. Good Hunting.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tabjunkie said:
hey shooter, I like to go with the pro mode all metal and max the iron disc. you do have to make sure you ground
balance for the dry sand and then rebalance when you hit the wet sand and water. I like to auto balance and then bring it
down a few numbers using the manual balance. Also it seems I have to drop the sensitivity to 2 or 3 blocks to keep it from
falsing all the time. The At Pro goes deep for me in the sand but most finds are in the 6 to 7 inch range. I also like how quiet the machine is until it picks up something. Good Hunting.
This is good advice. Most that have trouble in the wet sand do so because they have too much sensitivity dialed in.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Agypsea

Tenderfoot
Aug 19, 2011
Treasure Coast,, FL
Hey Shooter. Have mine about a week, and in an hour or so you'll sense the different sounds and pretty much get comfortable with the sound. I use mine on Pro coins all the time. Good luck!1

OP
OP
s.c.shooter

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate all the advice. We leave for Myrtle Beach in the morning. Can't wait to see her face when she makes that first quality find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions