Plundering Long Island, New York..

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got out to Long Island at 7am, an hour before low tide. The sun was just coming up when I spotted Joe P., already plundering the beach! He was looking good in his "Jones Beach Rippers" T-shirt, and was already making dough while the tide was low!

We caught up for a while, and I got to work. The beach had a slight cut in places, and dropped off steeply into the water, making it hard to keep my footing in hip-deep water. Thankfully the waves were gentler than usual this morning. About two-hours into the hunt I scooped the ring in knee-deep water.

Called Joe over and had him eye it for me (as I leave my glasses in the car now after getting knocked down in the surf a couple weeks ago!). It's a nice, size-15, “Park Lane” ring. Haven’t tested it yet, but I think it is probably plated. I also found some gold, I think it was part of a hoop earring, or maybe a bracelet. Got another car for the collection, and some change for the parking meters.

It was great catching up with Joe, and just enjoying the sunshine. Gotta love this hobby!

Attachments

• j1.jpg
    j1.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 572
  • j2.jpg
    j2.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 569
Upvote 0

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Hope the ring is real gold instead of g.p. Terry.

Surprised the relative lack of junk - thought there'd be a LOT more.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks real to me..
I will bet that it's good.

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
OMG that beach is wide, it looks 500m to the water, does the tide ever cover it - like on full moons?

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Smoogle said:
OMG that beach is wide, it looks 500m to the water, does the tide ever cover it - like on full moons?

Here are two pictures taken 6-days after Hurricane Irene. The main beach was completely cut off from the bath houses and parking lots. It is about a quarter-mile from the Beach houses to the wet sand and water. On this day, I was out on the sandbar that was what was left of the original beach, after walking through two-foot deep water for a good eighth-of-a-mile to get to it. Jones Beach State park is just a huge beach, running about 20-miles out to Robert Moses State Park. It is a saltwater detectorist's dream :notworthy: - and nightmare! :laughing7:

Attachments

• jonesflooded.jpg
    jonesflooded.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 380

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread