Klondike Beach

OP
OP
mnm

mnm

May 17, 2006
Well hell , guess no information in here . Was wondering because a friend recently spoke of someone finding a gold coin on the beach , close to the dune line , said there was some pinetree remnants in the dune area or something and observed a possible wreck about two miles north of the nude area at Playalinda Beach . Said there was some type of boat looked to be real old . My concern was if it would be possible since
metal detecting is prohibited on Playalinda , if the nude beach is the end , would the stretch in between be okay to hunt , does anyone know ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry no one has responded. I can't help you either. I know about the nude beach, but not about the access you want to find out about. Worst comes to worst, ask a local or maybe the local police.

Sorry I can't be of any help.

OP
OP
mnm

mnm

May 17, 2006
Thanks Treasure Hunter , this response is a little late but hopefully effective because this was last year I heard about this . Recently , like w/i days I heard of someone finding Spanish type coins but w/o metal detector . When I was a kid I remember this boat , during a storm couple years ago I remember hearing of it being exposed and someone doing a story on it then , next day it was gone , amazing how the ocean can pick things up and move them , now you see it - now you don't type scenario . I have become very interested in all this as of late and try to remember history as it gets covered up through building or forgotten to try and come up w/ ideas of places to hunt . I have some interests pertaining to rally point for the Spaniards when their relief came from St. Augustine kinda within this area , Just had to put my feelers out :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good luck, and if you ever need company give me a shout. I figure only way to find the goodies is to go looking. I am 100% guaranteed not to find anything if I stay home and don't look.

Mitch1FL

Oct 6, 2004
Sebastian, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI1500/AT-Pro/Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Playalinda Beach and Apollo Beach are part of the Canaveral National Seashore. IE NO Metal detecting. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread