Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is how it went down this morning when i reached out to the fellow that lost the ring, but first let me tell you something really K E W L
[size=10pt]he lost it 12 years ago about where i found it[/size].............how kewl is that and boy we hunt this block more than any other block on the whole ocean front.

now back to our conversation............not knowing he lost it 12 years ago, i said ....hey, u loose anything lately?.....u did go to vmi class of 97.........yes, i said, well where is your class ring, he says home on the dresser........i said u must have replaced it since i am holding one in my hand........he said he had, but might like to have the old one back as well.
he asked me what is it worth to me, i said.....no clue, scrap value around 1500 bucks at gold today....oh.......well i can not give u that for it, maybe 200.

i will keep you advised soon.

some guys wanted the sepro readings, so i have them here now.

Attachments

• 92710KSTAMP.jpg
    92710KSTAMP.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,162
  • BIGRING NO1.jpg
    BIGRING NO1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,163
  • BIGRING NO2.jpg
    BIGRING NO2.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1,169
Upvote 0

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
He gave it back to the guy.

ziphius said:
If you found a wallet containing $2000 and contacted the owner to return it, you certainly would not expect a reward of $2000. I'm not saying this is the case here, but the way it reads sounds more like a negotiation than an offer to return the ring. :icon_scratch:

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
on regards to the law i think if its lost in the water its considered abandon property but im not positive but on land its a different story

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plymouthian12 said:
on regards to the law i think if its lost in the water its considered abandon property but im not positive but on land its a different story
I never thought about the water being different...you may be right....if that is the case then all my finds come from the water. ;D

ziphius

Oct 17, 2007
San Diego
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab E-Trac, Whites Surf PI Dual Field
joeb1999 said:

ziphius said:
If you found a wallet containing $2000 and contacted the owner to return it, you certainly would not expect a reward of $2000. I'm not saying this is the case here, but the way it reads sounds more like a negotiation than an offer to return the ring. :icon_scratch:

Ah, a happy ending! I am all caught up now! :thumbsup:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ziphius said:
joeb1999 said:

ziphius said:

The school is trying to confiscate the ring.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
lookindown said:
ziphius said:
joeb1999 said:

ziphius said:

The school is trying to confiscate the ring.

I was wondering that if he got a free replacement ring, is he legally required to return one of the rings since the stipulation of the free ring was the previous one was lost? Now that it's found, I can't imagine he can have both free and clear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread